If you don't want RS2:V...Project Reality?

Arrange pub meets and gathers, discuss your favorite games.

Moderator: Executive

Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

If you don't want RS2:V...Project Reality?

Post by Digz »

not only the game is still alive, and now a stand alone, it is now nothing like it used to be it is now more like Squad.
there is digging of assets, and many more milsim features. change in how everything works. and live community that like events. also since it's fraking old, they still use the PR website forums for comms and adverting.
just download for free to check out the team work in public servers.

then
phpBB [video]

now
phpBB [video]
V_

Re: If you don't want RS2:V...Project Reality?

Post by V_ »

I'm not necessarily done with RS2:V yet, especially because we didn't get a chance to try out the new damage model.

However, those four letters "F R E E" mean I'll definitely give this a look.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

We can barely scratch 10 players to play through a campaign. I'm not sure PR2 fits that bill exactly.

I think BF3 is the only game which can can be played reasonably well with our current numbers and scale up if necessary. Squad Rush and CQ on certain maps come to mind. Plus everyone probably has it anyway.
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

The crying of we got no numbers is getting old. resolve with the sitrep: there is no active GC community sufficient for nothing, so that is not something you can use in any argument.

there is no We. there's maybe 10 ppl here that can reach out to another 5. since we're still here we got the power to debate where to go next and try to base GC events and get ppl, that's all.

dead games are less chance to win. PR got 350 active players per week night, with 1-2 full servers of 100 players each. the other pluses is the usage of forums to post events (like GC campaign) and Teamwork friendly community.

use what is best for those still here to get more people. you guys also mostly on complain mode, while 3-4 ppl here really try to act and talk to other communities and members to get more numbers.
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

This is like the nth time we're having this same discussion and it always comes down to the fact that right now, there is no game out there that fits what we want to do here perfectly.

I think at this point, it's apparent that we won't move any further into MilSim territory than we allready have with RS2, otherwise we would've done so by now. That means ARMA, SQUAD and PR are basically out. Sure, we have a couple of people here that wouldn't have a problem with any of those games (including me), but the majority want to play something that has an arcade feel with tactical elements instead of the other way around.

As far as I'm aware, there is nothing like that out there right now. BF4 was the last game that included all the elements to fit that bill.

So currently the question is: RS2, or wait till something else comes out.

For other games, be it BF3, PR, or whatever else, I'm happy to play, but I don't think planning a campaign in them makes a whole lot of sense, since I don't think it would attract more people than RS. It sucks, but it's where we are.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Gonzo wrote:So currently the question is: RS2, or wait till something else comes out.
I think that question has already been answered
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

RS2:V is not a milsim and the next BF might be a fit with what people here want to play but don't count on the brutal server settings that made BF1 un fitting for GC (not being able to restart server for live or something like that?) to be missing from it.