World Cup 2014: QUARTERS.

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

Re: World Cup 2014 IS FINALLY HERE!

Post by matsif »

phpBB [video]
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

I hope for Korea team to win more, or play against western teams, so they wont be killed
by Kim...or may run to the west..and i think it would be fun if north Korea would play
on world cup too like Iran.

If camera judge would make the call or have a vote on these matters
like on Hockey i think football would be more fun to watch, and less tragic theater with drama babies crying
like on your vid matsif.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Digz wrote:I hope for Korea team to win more, or play against western teams, so they wont be killed
by Kim...or may run to the west..and i think it would be fun if north Korea would play
on world cup too like Iran.
I'm so confused... Why would we get killed by Kim if we lose...?

Also, I'm amazed at Costa Rica and how well they've been playing. I'm hoping that Uruguay beats Italy!!!
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

:cry:
Image[/url]
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

haruky wrote::cry:
It's a pity you guys only started playing better on the second half. :( Well, there's still time...
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

mrBLUE9 wrote:
haruky wrote::cry:
It's a pity you guys only started playing better on the second half. :( Well, there's still time...
Ughhh. We really started playing well in the 2nd half... Why didn't we do this in the first half?

Also, that should have been a penalty. Oh, well. Even with the penalty, chances woulda been slim to catch up to that fourth goal.

The only way we can win now is if we destroy Belgium and Russia beats Algeria... Please.... If not, I still have another home team to root for... GO AMERICA!!! BEAT PORTUGAL TODAY!!! :twisted:
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

A TIE. THAT FEELS LIKE A LOSS.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Image[/url]
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

JESUS CHRIST ALMIAGAEGHAWEGHWEG

The US just always looks like a second rate team. End of the game, 4 minutes into stoppage time, and we take the ball deep into Portugal territory... and everyone is just walking around near midfield. WTF. Some decent passing and actual skills and the game could just end there. Nope, lose the ball then get out of position for an admittedly beautiful cross.

Aaaaand now we have to beat Germany or have Portugal beat Ghana by a slim margin. Ugh.
ImageImageImage
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

StarfisherEcho wrote:JESUS CHRIST ALMIAGAEGHAWEGHWEG

The US just always looks like a second rate team. End of the game, 4 minutes into stoppage time, and we take the ball deep into Portugal territory... and everyone is just walking around near midfield. WTF. Some decent passing and actual skills and the game could just end there. Nope, lose the ball then get out of position for an admittedly beautiful cross.

Aaaaand now we have to beat Germany or have Portugal beat Ghana by a slim margin. Ugh.
Depending on how our game with Germany goes, Portugal would need to win against Ghana by like 4+ goals. (assuming USA and Germany end up with a tie or something...)

Ugh. That was a total heart breaker. It hurts me.
Image[/url]
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Bradley was just awful, he was already pretty bad against Ghana, but today he was on another level of bad. Missed a sitter, killed a counter attack that was looking promising and finally lost the ball at the end that lead to the goal. US will have to play like never before to hold on Germany, they looked really tired today. It's going to be two nerve wrecking games, I can't wait. :D
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

mrBLUE9 wrote:Bradley was just awful, he was already pretty bad against Ghana, but today he was on another level of bad. Missed a sitter, killed a counter attack that was looking promising and finally lost the ball at the end that lead to the goal. US will have to play like never before to hold on Germany, they looked really tired today. It's going to be two nerve wrecking games, I can't wait. :D
My dreams and hopes are that we beat Germany 5-0 and then Ghana advances after winning the Portugal game..

One can hope... right?
Image[/url]
Hypol33t

Post by Hypol33t »

haruky wrote:
mrBLUE9 wrote:Bradley was just awful, he was already pretty bad against Ghana, but today he was on another level of bad. Missed a sitter, killed a counter attack that was looking promising and finally lost the ball at the end that lead to the goal. US will have to play like never before to hold on Germany, they looked really tired today. It's going to be two nerve wrecking games, I can't wait. :D
My dreams and hopes are that we beat Germany 5-0 ...
Are you delirious ?!
BF4 C3
BF4 C4
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

haruky wrote: My dreams and hopes are that we beat Germany 5-0 and then Ghana advances after winning the Portugal game..

One can hope... right?
please... :roll:

the german influence on Team USA is high, but not that high :D
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

high
Yep, that's haruky all right 8O

At this point I'm hoping for a non-embarrassing performance and a win by Portugal versus Ghana. At first I was pissed that the games are at noon on Thursday for me, but actually that works out great since we have a TV in our cafeteria. I'll just take a longer than usual lunch break :D
ImageImageImage
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

So in the wake of all this talk about a tie I found this and almost pissed myself when I read the first sentence :lol: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germ ... 30_Austria

Random trivia: guess who was the winner of the german football league 1940/41? And yes, of course we played football during the war.

Answer:
Spoiler: show
Rapid Vienna - I've been using that factoid to trip up friends for years now :wink: