Warmth, Globally

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Warmth, Globally

Post by Kismet »

Global Warming is happening. They call CO2 a greenhouse gas, because it's known to hold heat from escaping as electromagnetic radiation. A number of politically influential businessmen argue there's no such thing.

How will you prepare for and handle the change in weather patterns?
Snow1Wolf

Re: Warmth, Globally

Post by Snow1Wolf »

I just found out that it actually cause it to. Um both extremes? Look at number of winter storms at northern atmosphere..
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
Evil_Jocey
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Evil_Jocey »

Stock up on ammunition for when the endtimes come to defend our last water supplies. Death to all who would steal our water!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

wait you just found out about this or what? This has been around for years.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

well, me + some friends already said, we'd go plant bananas in germny and trees with kokonuts along side the rhein river. Rent rooms for/to the dutch as well. the sea is 150 km away from my place now but we are only 4 - 6m above sea level, so I will live on the cost and have a beach if I get old enough...
Already waiting nearly 20 years for it now :(
DaFi

Post by DaFi »

Battlelog/Origin: DaveFi
BF3C4 Gladius - BF3C5 Legion of Doom - BF3C6 United Nations Security Council
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I wish it was getting warm. I've been having to wear a fleece when indoors and a cozy jacket when out for 2 months now. Brrrr.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

I like global warming. The warmer it gets, the less clothes the ladies wear :)
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

it's 15 degrees outside and as of monday (haven't looked since) I live in the snowiest city in america with a population of over 100000 people.

weather, how does it work?
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Evil_Jocey
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Evil_Jocey »

Fanne wrote:well, me + some friends already said, we'd go plant bananas in germny and trees with kokonuts along side the rhein river. Rent rooms for/to the dutch as well. the sea is 150 km away from my place now but we are only 4 - 6m above sea level, so I will live on the cost and have a beach if I get old enough...
Already waiting nearly 20 years for it now :(

Küstenautobahn A31. :D
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

We had a 63 degree day on Tuesday here, in the middle of January. There's been extremely little snow and a 2 year drought now. Mild winters have a very profound affect on greenhouse plants as well as the trees and other natural flora.
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Dinosaur bones are a hoax!!!
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

they are??? Nah you nearly had me there cheeaseball.
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

I believe global warming is happening however from what I understand it was going to happen eventually anyway with or without humanity's help. Considering we are geologically still in an ice age, defined as any time a planet has ice caps last I checked, our current interglacial period was going to end sooner or later. Might as well get ready for it now. Trying to stop it is, IMO, a waste of resources. As is the scare mongering tactics of the politicians who are trying to convince everyone to drive the latest Prius to save the planet from an inevitable situation...
Gwynzer wrote:I wish it was getting warm. I've been having to wear a fleece when indoors and a cozy jacket when out for 2 months now. Brrrr.
I forgot the exact scientific reasons and if I wasn't so lazy I'd look it up again but as the average global temperature goes up (global warming) the extremes on both spectrums get larger. So your winters end up colder, as your summers get hotter.
Fields wrote:We had a 63 degree day on Tuesday here, in the middle of January.
Here in Missouri it went from 70 degrees on Tuesday walking around in t-shirt and shorts, to 40 degrees on Wednesday with Thunderstorms which by nightfall had turned into snow, until Friday where it was -4 degrees. I've decided I officially hate weather.