Nooo!

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Nooo!

Post by expandas »

This isn't funny guys. Which one of you did it?
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Re: Nooo!

Post by StarfisherEcho »

How do you think I got the echo on the end of my name? Life's a bitch, son
ImageImageImage
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

you had no steam before? 8O
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
ICallIDTheft

Post by ICallIDTheft »

Duke's evil plan is starting to take form.
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

:twisted:
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
FlaminWalrus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by FlaminWalrus »

I don't think your account name is displayed anywhere in games. It is used only to sign in. In game name can be whatever you like even if there are more pandas around.
ICallIDTheft

Post by ICallIDTheft »

FlaminWalrus wrote:I don't think your account name is displayed anywhere in games. It is used only to sign in. In game name can be whatever you like even if there are more pandas around.
This man speaks words of wisdom. Also as I said previously, your current steam account is fine, I highly doubt the steam servers are going to get hacked so someone could steal your real identity off them.
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

I know it's not the end of the world, but it comes close. Does anyone at GC actually have the account associated with "expandas"?
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

While the steam profile for the account 'expandas' is private, you can see the names the user has used in the past.

The one that stood out to me is 'phillipnielson', if you know anybody by that name. Also, 'cptmeowmeow' - apparently they like cats. However the fact that there are a lot of other names seems to imply that the account has actually been used somewhat, and wasn't created to spite you. (Not that I can see why anyone would want to.) His avatar is the logo of "Indie Game: the Movie," which also doesn't tell much. That's pretty much all I can tell - if you're desperate, you can try messaging him.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Henidhor wrote:While the steam profile for the account 'expandas' is private, you can see the names the user has used in the past.

The one that stood out to me is 'phillipnielson', if you know anybody by that name. Also, 'cptmeowmeow' - apparently they like cats. However the fact that there are a lot of other names seems to imply that the account has actually been used somewhat, and wasn't created to spite you. (Not that I can see why anyone would want to.) His avatar is the logo of "Indie Game: the Movie," which also doesn't tell much. That's pretty much all I can tell - if you're desperate, you can try messaging him.
PROFESSIONAL STALKER

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

Hitman47 wrote:
Henidhor wrote:While the steam profile for the account 'expandas' is private, you can see the names the user has used in the past.

PROFESSIONAL STALKER

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hardly. It's called knowing how to use the internet - All I did was look up the steam profile in question, see what names they've used in the past, and concluded that it's probably not anyone in GC in order to answer expandas' question. If I wanted to be a stalker I could've done a lot more.
BF3:
BF4
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

That's actually my current steam account. I want to create a new one with a unified login name so that my real name doesn't show up when I launch the application.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

expandas wrote:That's actually my current steam account.
The plot thickens! :lol:
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

expandas wrote:That's actually my current steam account. I want to create a new one with a unified login name so that my real name doesn't show up when I launch the application.
Then if I'm understanding this right the reason that name is not available is that you are already using it... What do you mean by "that my real name doesn't show up when I launch the application."? Whatever this problem is, there's probably a way to fix it other than creating a whole new account...

You can change the display name of your current steam account simply by going into the steam profile settings.
BF3:
BF4
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

Your Steam login ID is separate from the public-facing username that you can change. There is also an option to change the url of your steam profile page but this too is completely separate from your login ID. Your login ID shows up to the left of the minimize, maximize, and close buttons on the main steam application, and is unable to be changed online or through steam support. I tried to create a new account under the login name of "expandas" but was unable to because some other jerk snatched it up first.

Seriously though, I'll reward the crafty bastard that is parking on the "expandas" login name with some RadioShack goodies. All you have to do is come clean about it. -_-