Anyone here qualify as an eye doctor?

Off-topic discussion, where anyone can talk about almost anything.

Moderator: Executive

XrunawayX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Anyone here qualify as an eye doctor?

Post by XrunawayX »

I got Lasik about 4 or 5 years ago. It is BY FAR the best money I've ever spent and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I had the same apprehensions going in, but the procedure was fine and there was never any pain...a little weird feeling, yes, but no pain. After resting the remainder of the day, I was able to go to dinner that night and see just fine.

While I'm sure some doctors are still using a physical blade to make the incision (maybe the super bargain Lasik places), most reputable places are using blade free lasers. Mine was 5 years ago so I'm sure the tech is even better now. I went to a place that was pretty high dollar, but I figured my eyes were worth spending the money on. (Eye Clinic of Austin if you want to make the drive Roka!)

Before the surgery I couldn't read a billboard without glasses. Now I'm consistently 20/20 during my checkups, sometimes even reading the 20/15 but those letters are pretty damn small. My prescription had stabilized for years prior though, so I was an ideal candidate.

TL;DR....Lasik is amazing, save up the money and go for it!
Róka

Post by Róka »

XrunawayX wrote:I got Lasik about 4 or 5 years ago. It is BY FAR the best money I've ever spent and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I had the same apprehensions going in, but the procedure was fine and there was never any pain...a little weird feeling, yes, but no pain. After resting the remainder of the day, I was able to go to dinner that night and see just fine.

While I'm sure some doctors are still using a physical blade to make the incision (maybe the super bargain Lasik places), most reputable places are using blade free lasers. Mine was 5 years ago so I'm sure the tech is even better now. I went to a place that was pretty high dollar, but I figured my eyes were worth spending the money on. (Eye Clinic of Austin if you want to make the drive Roka!)

Before the surgery I couldn't read a billboard without glasses. Now I'm consistently 20/20 during my checkups, sometimes even reading the 20/15 but those letters are pretty damn small. My prescription had stabilized for years prior though, so I was an ideal candidate.

TL;DR....Lasik is amazing, save up the money and go for it!
I'll keep that in mind! :thumbup:
ImageImage
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

XrunawayX wrote:I got Lasik about 4 or 5 years ago. It is BY FAR the best money I've ever spent and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I had the same apprehensions going in, but the procedure was fine and there was never any pain...a little weird feeling, yes, but no pain. After resting the remainder of the day, I was able to go to dinner that night and see just fine.
I can echo this sentiment happily :-) I had my LASIK on a Friday afternoon in Dec a few years ago. I got a ride home and spent basically the rest of the afternoon in bed, and was up and about again in the evening. My eyes felt dry, but otherwise normal. To my amazement, I could read the oven clock from the dining room table without squinting. I played (casual) soccer the next day, no issues :-) When we got to the field, I stood still for a good 2-3 minutes in awe... it was like switching from a standard def TV to a HD TV, but in real life.

Absolutely the best money I've ever spent, and my only regret was not doing it sooner.
Hi!
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

Goggles wrote:
I can echo this sentiment happily :-) I had my LASIK on a Friday afternoon in Dec a few years ago. I got a ride home and spent basically the rest of the afternoon in bed, and was up and about again in the evening. My eyes felt dry, but otherwise normal. To my amazement, I could read the oven clock from the dining room table without squinting. I played (casual) soccer the next day, no issues :-) When we got to the field, I stood still for a good 2-3 minutes in awe... it was like switching from a standard def TV to a HD TV, but in real life.

Absolutely the best money I've ever spent, and my only regret was not doing it sooner.
Add one more to the list. I had it done a couple years ago and it's by far the best money I've spent.

I did have a little pain, but it was sort of my own fault. I had the surgery done about an hour from my house. They tell you to go straight home and go to bed and when you wake up you won't notice, but because it took an hour to get home the pain had time to set in. It hurt, but to be honest it wasn't really that bad and it was totally worth it. I woke up from a ~2 hour nap and went to the bar that night pain free and seeing details I'd never seen before.

I now have 20/15 vision and see better than I ever have in my life. Go for it!
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.