BF2 Sound Stut-tut-tut-tering Issue!

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

DrZoidberg

BF2 Sound Stut-tut-tut-tering Issue!

Post by DrZoidberg »

I've recently been required to reformat/reinstall my whole PC, and with that BF2. Now a horror from before has returned to me.

I hav a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS sound card and I can keep sound settings on Hardware/Low, but if I go to Hardware Med/High, the game sounds stutter really bad.
It worked before, but not now!

Any help; ideas? Please?
Any society, which would lose a little liberty, to gain a little security, deserve neither, and will lose both -Benjamin Franklin
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Moved to help forum. And, sorry, no idea 8O
PeterJennings

Post by PeterJennings »

I have exactly the same sound card, I think a driver update fixed this for me. Your mileage may vary, though.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

I had an Audigy 2 too and you indeed need to install a Beta Driver from Creative with OpenAl support. Your download should read something like this "Creative Sound Blaster Audigy unified series Beta driver with OpenAL support 2.08.0002"

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/

Good luck!
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
DrZoidberg

Post by DrZoidberg »

That half fixed it, but now it crashes on Hardware high randomly.

EDIT: I've found a workaround fix which has solve it completely. For future reference, look here:
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... 6a2f1d430e
Any society, which would lose a little liberty, to gain a little security, deserve neither, and will lose both -Benjamin Franklin
zyphlus

Post by zyphlus »

i had this problem with my audigy Creative 2 Zs gamer Card Really bad sometimes. I tried 3-4 different drivers including a couple of betas... but nothing. The patch before 1.3 made it really bad and it's native in the BF2 program.

My solve: dump Card and let Asus A8N Native sound handle it. I get some odd noise behavior once and a while but no bad freezes.
Zyphlus Pronounced Syphlius with a Z
The following graphic is mine