How to take a screenshot?(resolved)

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Charger

How to take a screenshot?(resolved)

Post by Charger »

How does one go about taking a screenshot while playing BF2. I keep getting killed when I leave the keyboard to pick up my digital camera.
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

I believe it's Print Screen which saves a screenshot to your "My Documents\Battlefield 2\Screenshots" thing, also you can press Ctrl + Printscreen in windows to put a screenshot in the clipboard, then you can go to mspaint and paste it.

edit: w00t my post count is 1945!

Post by Guest »

Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Fraps is very good and I use it sometimes as well. But I gotta say, hitting your print screen button like Dag mentioned above produces a very decent screenshot.

I always take a couple in case you mess up the first one or need another editable copy.

There are console commands that will shut off your ingame dashboard and mini-map so you can get the whole scene in the shot. Much better results that way. There is a list of the ingame tilde button options somewhere in your BF2 help or admin files. They also feature the list over at Total BF2, it's under one of the folder tabs arrayed to your left when on their homepage.

Say Cheese.............Winter 8O
ImageImage
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

I would recommend Fraps over pressing Print Screen. My only experience with the old print screen button was the other day and I had my whole battlefield 2 lock up for 10 seconds after pressing it and it then continued to be 'jerky' for a good 10 seconds extra afterwards.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Print Screen never failed on me for the 9 years I used it! (At that time I was 8 years old, and I adrealy knew what Print Screen was for :P)

I was playing Lego Island at that time, pretty funny game!
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

Momma Poppa's Pizzaria!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Havent tried lately, but BF2 used to at one point put the screenshot in your My Documents folder in the BF2 folder. EA broke that and we had to use the printscreen to acquire, tab out, then paste it into MS Paint to save it. Might be fixed tho.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Ash2Dust wrote:Havent tried lately, but BF2 used to at one point put the screenshot in your My Documents folder in the BF2 folder. EA broke that and we had to use the printscreen to acquire, tab out, then paste it into MS Paint to save it. Might be fixed tho.
It must be fixed because using printscreen does place your screenshot into your BF2 folder in My Documents. I must have missed that broken process altogether.

Winter :D
ImageImage
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

print-screen doesn't place an image in the screenshot directory if you're in the end-of-round screen (where it shows a list of player's scores, best squads, best kits, etc). That's where FRAPs comes in handy, if you can remember to turn it on, lol
Hi!
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

well, then just hit print screen and get paste the image on any image program you want.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

StarLord wrote:well, then just hit print screen and get paste the image on any image program you want.
Simply put. You can use MS Paint.
My CPU is ancient and have to keep all processes trimmed to minimum.