shader problem

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

busten

shader problem

Post by busten »

Ok for some reason my shaders get optimized every time I join a map. This is only supposed to happen once right? Also another problem I have noticed which I believe to be related occurs between every round when we restart the map. I am the last person that joins the battle. For instance I will just be joining and every on has already started and have been able to join squads about 10 sec before me. I use to be one of the first ones and now I can never get a plane or a helo on a pub server because I don’t spawn till after every one else. What’s going on with my computer? I reformatted and did a fresh install but I pasted my old files from bf2 documents folder so I would not have to set all my buttons again. I also deleted the files that are in this cache file. Here is where I put these files that are mentioned above just incase they are in the wrong place and screwing things up. C:\Documents and Settings\Justin Scherer\My Documents\Battlefield 2
Thanks for the help
busten
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Load times seem to be related to hard drive (empty=faster, defrag=faster), video settings (lower details/textures=faster), RAM (more=faster) and of course PB accessing all your files and reporting home.

Cant say why your load performance has dropped. You've reformated. New hardware? Also the only folder you need to transfer over is your profiles folder.

Try deleting/renaming the BF2 folder (in My Documents) and see if the prob exists when the game creates new ones. Then just copy profiles over to see if the prob comes back.