Running both POEs versions

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

SF007

Running both POEs versions

Post by SF007 »

Hi, I came accross this section from Mastif and Titi, so i decided to recopy it here since it is very usefull, now I will test it and see if it works...., actually I don't see the version of POE 1.7, should I see it anwhere ? or is it the default install ?
SF007
===============================================
Good post matsif.

Sup
A "backup" still needs to be created to play both versions.
Rename the 1.1.5 version to some (any) name other than poe2.
Install the new version.
Then when you load BF2 in any mod go to community -> custom game you will see both folder names and the version of POE2 each contains. Activate either version.

This should also mean a second shortcut pointing to the othernamed POE2 can be placed on desktop.

Either way it means a person does not have to keep renaming folders to fit the name poe2 in the current single shortcut.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

ha thanks but im playing 1.7 for 2 weeks now. :P i renamed the previous version and when i go under community>custom games i see both versions even though we dont need the old version anymore. :)
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

yea if you have both versions, delete the GC version, its just using up a GB of hard drive space and your probably never going to use it again.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
SF007

Need to rename to a different name than Poe2

Post by SF007 »

Hi, I (think that) have realized that you need to have a different folder name than POE2 (liek POEv1-7), only after teh first time that this folder is identified, you can for the next startups rerename it to POE2.
I hope that I am not misleading anyone....