My computer and me

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

Getting teh 1337 computer tonight. I'm ordering the parts and they should be here early next week. I'll have it together by next saturday.

Q6600, 8800gtx, 680i mobo, 2 gig cruical ram 1066mhz, vista. I'm going to put my old HD in so I can run dual OS just incase bf2 doesn't work with vista. Thank god for that. Anyways, I'll take pics and keep you guys updated.

And did I metion QUAD CORE!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Maybe you should post this in the tavern so more people can help you with the decision. :)
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

heh... if i had all that money i wouldn' buy vista... (mainly cuz its just piece of crap (for instance u cannot instal programs like deamon tools or alchohol120) and cuz u can get cracked version for... hm... free??)
but rather one more 8800GTX and then put them togeather in SLI...
all in all it seems fine to me... but i wouldn't buy that case...

in Croatia some things r cheaper (like cpu and ram) so there would be some money for that second gtx ^^

but this is your choice... im just saying what would I do...
recon35

Post by recon35 »

This is the case I have........http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6811129021

Except I only paid $110 US at Fry's. :D
DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

Tsumetai_Ryujin wrote:heh... if i had all that money i wouldn' buy vista... (mainly cuz its just piece of crap (for instance u cannot instal programs like deamon tools or alchohol120) and cuz u can get cracked version for... hm... free??)
but rather one more 8800GTX and then put them togeather in SLI...
all in all it seems fine to me... but i wouldn't buy that case...

in Croatia some things r cheaper (like cpu and ram) so there would be some money for that second gtx ^^

Thats complete over kill nothing needs that kind of power. And I'm getting vista for crysis and DX10. It would be a waste to buy a DX10 card and not use it to its fullest.

@Recon: That case is WAY over used, I wanted something different.
DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

Its looking like I may not make it to the battle, as this new computer is giving me some fraking troubles. Ive given up for tonight, and I'm going to take it to a shop to figure out whats wrong tomorrow.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Not wanting to interfere with your barracks, but doesn't computer discussion, on how to convince the Mother that a new computer is the only way to proceed belong in the Help section. Somebody let me know if I should move the thread.
TheHumanShield

Post by TheHumanShield »

Tsumetai_Ryujin wrote:(for instance u cannot instal programs like deamon tools or alchohol120)

hmmm...news to me...seeing as how I have run alcohol and am running daemon tools.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Tsumetai_Ryujin wrote:heh... if i had all that money i wouldn' buy vista... (mainly cuz its just piece of crap (for instance u cannot instal programs like deamon tools or alchohol120) and cuz u can get cracked version for... hm... free??)

And everybody knows GC does not encourage the use of cracked or unlicensed software, since it is illegal to do so. Enough said.
DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

sushi25 wrote:Not wanting to interfere with your barracks, but doesn't computer discussion, on how to convince the Mother that a new computer is the only way to proceed belong in the Help section. Somebody let me know if I should move the thread.
I'm guessing you didn't read the rest of the posts? Ive already bought the computer, built the computer, and now im getting troubles with the computer. It's at a computer shop right now for them fixing it.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

so it belongs in the help forum-> moved