Colorful Kill Notifications

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

MorpheusPT

Colorful Kill Notifications

Post by MorpheusPT »

Alright, as asked, i shall explain how to insert the little orange stuff into your screen, so that when someone kills someone, it shows which weapon it was, on orange, instead of blue/red/green.

The files that you need to edit are in this location:

[INSTALL_DIR]/battlefield2/mods/bf2/Localization/English/English.utxt

If your game runs in another language, replace the English with your language.
Open that file with notebook, or something.

Do a search for: KILLMESSAGE

You'll find loads of stuff beginning with that, so search for the first one. should be

KILLMESSAGE_WEAPON_m16a2 M16A2

now, you insert before and after the word M16A2: §C1001

do that for every kill message.

OR

You can just download the files right here:

Download Link

WARNING: this only works if you run the game on the ENGLISH language. for other languages, you can send the files manually into the respective folder, but you will override every german text in your game.

The installer is quite easy to deal with, just run it, and select your bf2 folder. C:/program files/EA GAMES/Battlefield 2 seems to be the most popular one.

Enjoy ;)

DISCLAIMER:

This will not get you kicked/banned by PunkBuster, you will not be reported to EA for using this tool, and you will not go into the MBL for this. If you do, however, get kicked or banned by PB, reported to EA and be put into the MBL, then i will take no responsability, cause this tool sure as hell didn't do it.
Morph
ramboon

Post by ramboon »

MorpheusPT wrote:
NateDogg25 wrote:ISNT MODIFYING YOUR BF2 config files against =GC= RULES?>????
no. well some might be, yea.
but the ones you modify to bring out the colours, no. But don't go into public servers with them, PB will kick you and ban you into the Master Ban List :lol:
MorpheusPT wrote:DISCLAIMER:
This will not get you kicked/banned by PunkBuster, you will not be reported to EA for using this tool, and you will not go into the MBL for this.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

on the natedogg's post, i was being sarcastic. The tool is completely client side, therefore, ignored by PB :)

nevertheless, edited/erased :)
Morph
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

PB does check alot of client side files. But the localization file listed here is heavily modified by alot of people and is not checked by PB. Some forums even post favorite English.Utxt. Just google it for pre-mades. Wouldn't recommend changing any other files in your game directory tho.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=56533
i also made my own 1 year ago but cant find it anymore
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Madcow made a file that I use and is the best by far :). I will post a screen later or Madcow can.