poe2 crashes

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

poe2 crashes

Post by Shrapnel »

I'm having an issue with poe2 crashing just after it finishes loading the map. I've been told it was probably a texture issue and I should lower my settings to medium but that didn't solve the issue. I also have poe2 and bf2 set to run as administrator.

Both BF2 and SF work fine. Aside from reinstalling poe2 I'm not really sure what else to try.

I'm running Vista 64 and have all the latest patches.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Hamm3rstein

Post by Hamm3rstein »

Mine crashes out at 62% on my main pc, always has so I have to play it on my laptop. Despite lots of searching I haven't found an answer other than it is probably texture related.
Insolvenzverwalter

Post by Insolvenzverwalter »

Im having the same problem- when the map has finished loading i find myself back on desktop... however it didnt seem to be a problem yesterday because of the odd numbers on both teams.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ramboon

Post by ramboon »

I had it too, then I patched to 1.8 again and was ok, also try to update punkbuster.
LuckyShot

Post by LuckyShot »

Is it on every map or certain ones? I will ask what it means with a crash around 62%, but I am thinking it's a missing texture. I'll get back as soon as I have any info.

Lucky Shot
LuckyShot

Post by LuckyShot »

I directed one of the lead dev's to view this thread. Based on the limited info contained within the thread it could be several issues.

1) Vista issues
2) Bad Install (either patch didn't happen correctly or an issue with the patch if it was downloaded from the same spot.

Suggestion is to get the 1.8 full installed and report back if you still have issues. 62% is a missing texture. By the way, to get the exact error, here is a way you can see the error.

Right Click on the POE Shortcut and select Properties.
Under Target, find fullscreen 1 and change it to fullscreen 0.
Load up the game, when it crashes you should see a popup error.
Post a printscreen of the error.

Lucky Shot
Ramrod64

Post by Ramrod64 »

what about delete the cache files? to reload the shader?

only an idea.
solved the problems with the pirates mods (would be also interesting to know if you installed the pirates mod and if poe2 1.8 ran before
Ramrod, out!

Cu on Battlefield of =Global-Conflict=
current Campaign:
grayghosttam

error message

Post by grayghosttam »

get the loading screen then crashes to desktop like the other`s(Above) heere`s the screenie :?:
LuckyShot

Post by LuckyShot »

This is odd because it's seems to be affecting GC guys only currently. You can try re-patching from 1.7 to 1.8. Repatching BF2 from 1.4 to 1.41 and then after that re-downloading the full 1.8 if those previous steps didn't work.

Not conclusive, but look at the error message. It indicates an issue with (Vanilla patch version) 1.4 and not 1.41. Did all of those affected download it off of GC's site or off POE's? It may be possible that the GC version is corrupted somehow. Just to be safe, it would be smart for GC to replace the current one on their ftp with a fresh version.

Lucky Shot
LuckyShot

Post by LuckyShot »

By the way, is GC's server punkbusted? I know people in various games (Vanilla, POE, PR and 2142) are having connection issues. If it is, you can attempt to manually update punkbuster at evenbalance.com.

Lucky Shot
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I may be wrong, but I think grayghosttam is a surfer who's experiencing similar problems and isn't directly affiliated with GC (ie: he doesn't play here, but has the problem too and thought he could help).
Hi!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

He registered in May but isnt on any army roster. Updating PB manually is always good. Also try d/l POE at another site to rule that out. Before reinstalling, make sure you delete your old POE directory in BF2.
Ikill4aliving

Post by Ikill4aliving »

GC uses punksbusted, I think its better than punkbuster
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

I was crashing while trying to join on last EUBO/NABO, until I realize that I was still on the version 1.0.5 of PO2 :P
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Punksbusted is an addon to Punkbusted. It wont crash a client as its files are server side, may get you kicked or banned more tho!