PR problem

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Tsumetai_Ryujin

PR problem

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

Again me... :\ now I'm starting to feel a bit ashamed.

K, I have installed Vista Home Premium x64 and the latest PR version. The problem starts when I want to start PR from its directory, I click on PR icon but then it says to me "BF2.exe does not exist. Please check your working directory!: The system cannot find the file specifies."
I play PR normally when I start it from BF2, but the problem is that the picture is distorted because of inproper resolution, but I can't set different resolution in PR anyhow but to make shortcut from PR exe... (or I can but I don't know how)...
Last edited by Tsumetai_Ryujin on Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

You need to make a shortcut to your BF2.exe with the modpath variable that tell it to play in PR mode.

Example for the Special Forces Exp:
"C:\Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/xpack +ignoreAsserts 1

Look at your BF2 mods folder and see what the PR mod folder is named and replace the XXXX with the folder name (or whatever mod). OF course get your drive letter and game path correct for your machine.

"C:\Games\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +modPath mods/XXXX +ignoreAsserts 1

May also want to add the Start-in section of the shortcut. Again, correct path.
"C:\Games\Battlefield 2"
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Prolly your Battlefield 2 folder is in program files(x86) folder, and in there should be the mods folder and inside that the pr folder...you run Pr by starting the pr.exe cuz that is going to swap vanilla shaders with pr shaders (which is reverted when finishing) and then starts the bf2.exe...

just try to make a shortcut from pr.exe to desktop and in properties should be:

FullScreen

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

Windowed (1024x768 - 4:3)

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +szx 1024 +szy 768

Windowed (1440x900 -16:10)

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +szx 1440 +szy 900

Windowed (1680x1050 - 16:10 - nearly full widescreen on ya 22 tsumi )

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 0 +szx 1680 +szy 1050

In graphics settings ingame set everything to medium.

The Pro of windowed mode is that it can show you a debug error message when anything goes wrong and it helps to find the reasons. With fullscreen 1 it just crashes without telling you any...

Tips:

On Windows Vista, while gaming change your Windows theme from Windows Aero to Windows Classic and make sure to exit Sidebar as it takes up system resources.

For most online games under Vista you’ll need to right-click the shortcut, go to properties/Compatibility tab, and under “Privilege Level” checkmark “Run this program as an Administrator”.

And most important: Get another Harddisk to run XP (to avoid darn Vista probs). When you got that 2cnd HDD talk to me on PM and we'll set it up together cuz it's not easy to fix that bootstuff when installing XP after Vista...;-)
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

When you start PR from BF2 what resolution do you have then?

If it's 800x600 try this

Fonts.rar 36.36 KB http://uploaded.to/?id=zep1x3

right click on rar Tab -> commentary tells you what and where
Tsumetai_Ryujin

I want to start PR from its directory
Shortcuts can't do anything if pr.exe doesn't do anything? (ant they don't do anything whatever I write in properties) I can't start PR from pr.exe.
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

OK,OK you got me i go and install BF2 and PR 0.8 on my Vista64 just to try...

but it takes a while, i'll be on TS from around 18:30 CEST today, let's talk then
Tsumetai_Ryujin

K, I'll let you know if i wouldn't be able to come.
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

I installed BF2, patched it to 1.41 run a short test with windowed mode and after seeing that it works i installed PR and PR maps, did a PR shortcut copy edited that to run windowed 1024x768 and started PR by doubleclicking the windowed shortcut. PR started, everything's looking fine and clicked some things to see if there's something weird - nope.

As PR0.8 hasn't a SP mode and i'm not connecting to internet with Vista right now (it's not configured safe and Admins only atm) i couldn't check connecting to a server and running it.

But my testing purpose was just to look whether it starts the pr.exe, swapping shaders and start the bf2.exe and else - it did...

Your trouble is
1. your Vista installation
or
2. your BF installation
or/and
3. your PR installation

I'm going to have some sleep now as i did a lotta BF2 related stuff that night - i'll beback at 18:30