For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Stonie
Executive
Executive

Need help with a good image page

Post by Stonie »

Hello,
for the GC pubbing contest I asked the players to make a screenshot of there topscore.
Since the last patch it is NOT possible to make a screenshot of the score, with the 'PrtSC/SysRq' key

So I told them to download frapps, witch only make BMP files.
www.putfile.com doesnot support BMP files (tried renaming JPG, doesnot work)
www.imageshack.us cannot upload that big image
www.photobucket.com resize the picture to an unreadble status.
Check my test. modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=93773#93773

I am runnig out of clues. Please help.
Otherwise this compition is doomed before it can start.

Thanks in advance
DaGrooved1

Post by DaGrooved1 »

just get ifranview and convert the bmp to jpeg.

http://www.irfanview.com/

open the bmp, then go to save as and select jpg as the format, around 80% quality should do.

If it's too big resolution wise you can also use ifranview to resize it.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Get yourself a gmail email account (if you need an invitation let me know, don't if it is still needed) and have people send the screenshots to you this way. I can set you up with webspace where you can upload the images. Maybe i get around to build some GC image hosting on the euro server. Had it in mind for quite some time but didn't around to it yet.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Redman

Post by Redman »

Okay this is what I have been using(when I can remember to turn it on) :oops:

This is a great little program that is free and can creat your screen shots in a multitude of formats(nine in all), just pick one you like.

The screen says it is for Clipper 2.0 but actually you will downloading and installing 3.6, which is still only 414kb zipped.

Try it, you will like it, I have been using it(or a version of it) for several years now :D

http://www.soft32.com/Download/Free/Cli ... -64-3.html
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Re: Need help with a good image page

Post by Ash2Dust »

PrivatStonie wrote:Hello,
for the GC pubbing contest I asked the players to make a screenshot of there topscore.
Since the last patch it is NOT possible to make a screenshot of the score, with the 'PrtSC/SysRq' key
Windows does take a snapshot of your screen when you hit that key. Thats its function. Its just that EA doesnt also grab it and creat a jpeg file for you. No need to load up another task/program in the background.

You can hit the printscreen key in Windows, BF2, or any Windows application that I've tried and the snapshot is copied to the clipboard.

Second step is to open an application that can accept graphics. You can open Paint that comes with windows. Press Ctrl-V (or select paste) and you'll have your snapshot from the clipboard.

Third step is to then save it as a jpeg.

Fourth step is to upload it to a server. Personally, I have been using http://bf2tracker.com/gallery.php?userid=57379 as it seems to retain pictures for several months. And I track my stats and friends there. Its not completely intuitive, but its free and I dont get pop-up.

Windows screenshots can also be pasted into Photoshop or even Word.

I put up a couple test pictures. Crystal clear, even cleaner than EA's in game screenshots.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

If you are using fraps to take screenshots just change format from bmp to jpg or png and sizes will be fine.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

The latest versions of MSPaint, which comes standard with all Windows, has the functionality to save a picture in JPG format. So, unless your computer is a couple of years old, you should be able to open the BMP bitmap in MSPaint (Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Paint) and do a "Save As..." to JPG :)

Also, there is a completely free program called GIMP which many people claim to be as good as, if not better than, Photoshop. Worth a look if you're into the whole graphics thing...
Hi!