Best way? (resolved)

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Best way? (resolved)

Post by Guest »

What is the best way to record BF2 footage. This means high quality. Mention any program regardless of cost. Thanks.

Post by Guest »

And to edit to make movies>?
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Fraps, Rod the guy who writes it is really nice. But if you want best quality you need some serious hardware, including good gfx card and very fast hd. to make the movie, well Windows Movie Maker really ain't that bad and free. I tried the others, and only liked ulead one, but not enough to want to pay for it over free.
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

i use ulead video studio 9, its great for all ur video needs. i capture from my cam corder, edit MP3's, burn dvds, basically everything i could need.

*COUGH* NO WAREZ TALK!

i would have thought that a dual core CPU would make a huge difference if using fraps. I have a single core and it takes my FPS down to about 1/3rd the normal speed when i hit record :( so i turn down the settings and it goes back up again :)
IM 1337! Y0UR A N()()B!!!!!

C6 =ImageC5 =Image C4 =Image C3 = Image
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Fraps will always drop your fps to 25 or 30 when recording to hdd depending on how many frames per second you want your movie to have ;-) It runs very well with my setup with an Athlon X2 4200+. As mat-d-rat said a very fast (and big) hdd is very important to. The amount of data written per second is simply pervert. All Video Editing i had to do so far was done with Adobe Premiere so it simply has to be the best ;-)
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Ulead is ok, havent used it much tho. Not sure if they have a demo, but it came free with my TV turner card.
Shankbone

Post by Shankbone »

Fraps works great with the dual core, and a 10,000 rpm SATA HDD. I use ULead as well, but was looking at Adome Premier. I know Bernout uses Premiere Elements and is very happy with it (at a much lower cost).
Shankbone, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Dax_inside

Post by Dax_inside »

*mumble grumble* someone edited my post *grumble mumble grumble*
IM 1337! Y0UR A N()()B!!!!!

C6 =ImageC5 =Image C4 =Image C3 = Image
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Fraps

Just a tip though. Don't forget and leave it on longer then you intended. It will fill up your hard drive with one heck of a long movie.

Winter :D
Last edited by Winter_Lion on Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Adobe Premiere Elements is only about $90 (USD). Good choice there. Premeire is $500-$800.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!