I found my problem but have no idea how to fix it

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

matsif
Executive
Executive

I found my problem but have no idea how to fix it

Post by matsif »

my problem is punkbuster. I installed call of duty 2, and it was freezing on punkbuster servers but running fine on non-punkbuster servers, so my punkbuster is corrupted somehow and I have reinstalled both bf2 and cod2 enough to figure this out.

any ideas?

-matsif
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Charger

Post by Charger »

I've had similar problems. They seemed to noticeably reduce after the last EA Server Patch. Are you sure the Pb Servers you're playing have the last patch?
Also, updating Pb (both ways--auto & manual) may be worth a try)
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

im sure of the patch and I have updated both auto and manual
PeterJennings

Post by PeterJennings »

is it possible that anyone else in your house ever cheated on a punkbuster game? Maybe PB doesnt like your IP. Just a shot in the dark, but it would explain why wiping the hard drive didnt work.
Timtif

Post by Timtif »

=GC= Campaign 3 : RED'S DEVIL BRIGADE 3R*PFC Image 2xBattleServiceR.,BlackOpsR.,SupportM.,SquadUnitCitation,InfantryAssaultM.,LeadershipM.
=GC= Campaign 4 : S.C.U.M Raiders RT*PFC/RA*SSG Image BlackOps
=GC= Campaign 5 : Operation X -> RONIN -> Hogans Heros HD*SGT Image Black Operations,GC Teamplayer Recognision,Squad Unit Citation,Leadership Medal
=GC= Campaign 6 : Stonies's Fearless Bandits SA*SARImage Battle Service,Black Operations,Campaign Winner,2xAir Combat M,The Gold Star,2xSquad Unit Citation
ImageImage Image
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

PeterJennings wrote:is it possible that anyone else in your house ever cheated on a punkbuster game? Maybe PB doesnt like your IP. Just a shot in the dark, but it would explain why wiping the hard drive didnt work.
I have no other punkbuster games other than bf2 and cod2. The only reason that they would think I was cheating was if my brother got on my comp and cheated, and I passworded everything, so this wouldnt happen (my brother knows nothing about comps)
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Mastif,

Hopefully, you are up and running by now mate. If so, post it here so we can resolve your help thread. If not, give the following advice a shot. Can't hurt.

You can submit a service request to Punkbuster site techs and they will help you out with any PB technical snafus, Mastif. Just go over to their site and fill out the form. They know more about it than anyone, I imagine.

Winter :D
ImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

thx winter but I tried that twice and have still gotten no reply from them