(RESOLVED) Your CD key is invalid?

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

CrazyIvan

(RESOLVED) Your CD key is invalid?

Post by CrazyIvan »

Each time i try to join a server i get a message that my CD key is invalid. I haven't played for a while but before when i did play everything worked just fine. And ofc i have the original game.
C2: Image
C5: Image

ipH s0M3+Im3s J00 C@NT l1Ek UND4R5T4Nd WH4+ I r $@Y1n It5 Bc I W4+ch to0 mUcH PUrePWN@93
CrazyIvan

Post by CrazyIvan »

resolved :oops:
C2: Image
C5: Image

ipH s0M3+Im3s J00 C@NT l1Ek UND4R5T4Nd WH4+ I r $@Y1n It5 Bc I W4+ch to0 mUcH PUrePWN@93
Redman

Post by Redman »

What did you do to resolve it?

I have a buddy of mine who can not play BF2 at all anymore since he has been permenently banned by punkbuster. Turns out someone stole his hash key(I think this is what EA told him) and used it in his place but since it was his hashkey it is banned and EA will not unbann someone punkbuster has banned.
ImageImageImage
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
Camapign 4: Pirate Redman/NeutralImage
Campaign 3: Army General Redman/High CommandImage
Campaign 2 : Captain.Redman U.S./75th Ranger RegimentImage
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Redman wrote:What did you do to resolve it?

I have a buddy of mine who can not play BF2 at all anymore since he has been permenently banned by punkbuster. Turns out someone stole his hash key(I think this is what EA told him) and used it in his place but since it was his hashkey it is banned and EA will not unbann someone punkbuster has banned.
What did the guy do? If it's not like murder or something, have him appeal it to Punkbuster management team. I am a member over at the PB site and they do overturn and issue reprieves on bans as a normal routine. I know it sounds like begging or something but that depends on how important playing BF2 is to him.

Winter :D
ImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

EA used to care about their customers in BF1942 and would issue a new CD KEY if you sent them proof of your old CDKEY. They would invalidate the old one and activate the new one. But back then stealing keys was simple.

Now EA doesnt even replace scratched or damaged CDs anymore so they prolly wont issue a new key.