Mod Installation Problems (resolved)

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

tiberian_rebel

Mod Installation Problems (resolved)

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I recently downloaded the 1918 Airshow mod from fileplanet. I saved it into the mod folder. I ran the program and got the message:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf1918-2_airshow_full_.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
I then downloaded the hotfix patch for the USI mod, and tried to run it. I got an almost identical message.
Can someone give me some help?
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Scratch that. The USI hotfix patch just worked fine, but it wan't working earlier. The Airshow still isn't working though
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

I installed the US intervention mod the other day and had to use the same hotfix from USI. But I installed it after the mod was installed and had not problems at all with the install, or operation. I run XP windows media version 2005, fully patched and up to date, supposedly.

Do you have Microsoft Net framework on your pc and if so, is it up to date. You might check with USI and see if that could cause your problem. Sorry I can't be of more help mate!

Winter
ImageImage
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I got the USI file to work fine. I just can't get the Airshow to work.
I'm going to try re-installing it, so if that doesn't work I'll be back.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

tiberian_rebel wrote:I got the USI file to work fine. I just can't get the Airshow to work.
I'm going to try re-installing it, so if that doesn't work I'll be back.
Even if you get it working, we expect you back soon, Tiberian. Know what I mean? lol

Oh yeah, good luck.

Winter
ImageImage
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

My computer went into standby the first time I tried downloading the airshow; and somehow, only the installer icon was downloaded (I think). I tried redownloading it, making sure my computer didn't go into standby, and it worked. Thanks for the advice though.