Nvidea or ATI

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

MrPaladin

Post by MrPaladin »

madcow wrote:
styphon wrote:http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1 ... 735,00.asp

Not from what I'm reading
That's Pentium 4's dude (see date of August 2005). The Athlon 64's kicked their butts but the Intel Core 2 Duo processors now kick the Athlon 64's butt.
I have a laptop running Core Duo 2 Centrino chips at ~2300 with 2 Gig of Ram and a Mobility Video card...

I load BF2 faster then everyone on the net (most the time) during a mapchange I can get to a flag before most people finish loading the map...

I run most settings at high, but because its a mobility card I dont stress it out by turing up every setting... I like to keep it smooth lowering the dynamic effects
Paladin - determined advocate or defender of a noble cause.
C8: MAJ Image
C7: PFC Image
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

madcow wrote: That's Pentium 4's dude (see date of August 2005). The Athlon 64's kicked their butts but the Intel Core 2 Duo processors now kick the Athlon 64's butt.
Hmm... seems I have been missinformed. I've done the research of my own now and I must apologize, I was wrong. Core 2's do seem to kick more ass at everything right now.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

but AMD is gettting their Quad-Core, which will own core 2 duo when it releases :D
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Matsif, their is already Core 2 Quad out ;) And having quad core isnt realy usefull now because most software cannot use that many core...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

starlord I was referring to the K8L 4x4 that AMD is planning to release later this year
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

StarLord wrote:Matsif, their is already Core 2 Quad out ;) And having quad core isnt realy usefull now because most software cannot use that many core...
1 word, Vista.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Microsoft has people smokin from the Vista crack pipe. I generally wait for independent sources to confirm that Vista really does what it promises. Tho I hope it lives up to at least 75% of its promises.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

My geek nerves are tingling for Vista, but darn it's a pricey addition to a computer :(
Hi!
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Nobody knows what will be the performance of the K8L, maybe it will be better than Intel, maybe a lot more costly too, maybe it will just be as good as Core 2... Wait and see
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

NVIDIA
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General