website not responding sometimes.

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

lol...........on the "who should I shoot". I say kill em all and let Allah sort em out my brother!

Anyways, I havn't experienced any slow logon's thus far, but I have been selling my house and planning a move to the Houston area, so I may not be the best example.

I AM looking forward to a much better ping rate to our battleservers after my move. I should halve my current rate, methinks.

Hope springs eternal..........lol. :D

Winter
ImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Most of them time the server responds quickly for me. Occasionally it seems at night it will crawl or not respond. I would start pointing the gun at the web hoster or maybe a backbone. Seems more of us West coast people notice it.

Is Houston one of Verizon's fiber internet access cities?
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Ash2Dust wrote: Is Houston one of Verizon's fiber internet access cities?
You got me there. I havn't done any research on broadband options in the Houston area as yet. My daughter and her family live there and have a very good cable connection. I have been wanting to switch back to a 8 meg cable account for some time now. My DSL is rated at 1.5 megs, but I don't get anywhere near that speed as I am just within the maximum allowable distance from the local hub.........just!

It won't download multiple files with any degree of reliability either and that is frustrating after being spoiled by cable.

Winter 8O
ImageImage
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Winter_Lion wrote:
Ash2Dust wrote: Is Houston one of Verizon's fiber internet access cities?
You got me there. I havn't done any research on broadband options in the Houston area as yet. My daughter and her family live there and have a very good cable connection. I have been wanting to switch back to a 8 meg cable account for some time now. My DSL is rated at 1.5 megs, but I don't get anywhere near that speed as I am just within the maximum allowable distance from the local hub.........just!

It won't download multiple files with any degree of reliability either and that is frustrating after being spoiled by cable.

Winter 8O
I run on Verizon FIOS right now, and I have to say it is absolutely the best internet connection I've ever had (blows my former Cox connection out of the water, puts my university connection to shame). I've downloaded some things at ~1.8 Mb/s :D
Hi!
Cheeseball

Post by Cheeseball »

well, you should trust goggles with his ping of 7. Whatever you do don't get Cheesy's internet connection (ping of 700)
C 8: Image
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Goggles wrote:I run on Verizon FIOS right now, and I have to say it is absolutely the best internet connection I've ever had (blows my former Cox connection out of the water, puts my university connection to shame). I've downloaded some things at ~1.8 Mb/s
Wow!.............I will check Verizon out, for sure!

Winter :lol:
ImageImage