overclocking my 6600LE [RESOLVED]

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Andi

overclocking my 6600LE [RESOLVED]

Post by Andi »

has anyone here experience in overclocking a geforce?

because i dont.

i have read through a lot of forums today and got plenty of diffrent information. what i (think to) know now is the following:

a gf 6600LE is (nearly) the same as a 6200. and way diffrent from a regular 6600.

6600 have 8 pixel pipelines, 6200/6600LE only four. some say that it is possible to unlock additional 4 with rivatuner. but only on models with the a2 and not the a4 in its internal name. my windows system information shows the following:

PNP-Gerätekennung PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_00F4&SUBSYS_81DD1043&REV_A2\4&102AC5BC&0&00F0

is this REV_A2 the thing i am talking about or just some other crap?

i also unlocked the coobits option in my registry and the proggy auto overclocked my card from 300/500 MHz to 319/540. is that acceptable?

i really dont know what to do. it is just annoying every saturday to play with 60 players and have around 10-18 fps :( you f*cking lose every 1on1. :evil:

:?: :?: :?:
@6-Obschtz.Andi|GT
@7-Obgfr.Andi|TB (Einsatzschild Gold, Panzerorden Bronze, Scharfschützenabzeichen, Nahkampfspange Silber)
8D|2|Pfc.Andi
BF2 C3: S2*Man Andi84 (Image BlackOps Service Ribbon, Main Battle Service Ribbon, Trouble Pack Award, Quacksalver Recognition, Bench Monkey, Nutcracker Award)
C4*Pfc Andi84 (ImageShortest Campaign Ever, Squad Unit Citation, Support Medal)
C5: XE*PFC Andi84 (ImageSilver Star, Infantry Assault Medal, Squad Unit Citation, Bronze Star)
C6: SD*CPR Andi84 (ImageCampaign Winner Medal, Battle Service Ribbon, BlackOps Service Ribbon, 3 Lifesaver Medals, 4 Squad Unit Citations, Infantry Assault Medal, Chuck Norris Action Ribbon)
C7: B9*PVT Andi84 (ImageCombat Action Medal)
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Íf you can enable those two extra pipelines that would sure help. Overclocking usually doesn't much. You will barely notice it. The best idea usually is to lower the resolution. Play 800 x 600 instead of 1024 * 768 etc.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Andi

Post by Andi »

i played on 800 the whole time :(

but i lowered some details like shadows etc.

i should have done that before. have about 10 to 20 fps more now.

as u have probably noticed from my scores a few minutes ago ;)
@6-Obschtz.Andi|GT
@7-Obgfr.Andi|TB (Einsatzschild Gold, Panzerorden Bronze, Scharfschützenabzeichen, Nahkampfspange Silber)
8D|2|Pfc.Andi
BF2 C3: S2*Man Andi84 (Image BlackOps Service Ribbon, Main Battle Service Ribbon, Trouble Pack Award, Quacksalver Recognition, Bench Monkey, Nutcracker Award)
C5: XE*PFC Andi84 (ImageSilver Star, Infantry Assault Medal, Squad Unit Citation, Bronze Star)
C6: SD*CPR Andi84 (ImageCampaign Winner Medal, Battle Service Ribbon, BlackOps Service Ribbon, 3 Lifesaver Medals, 4 Squad Unit Citations, Infantry Assault Medal, Chuck Norris Action Ribbon)
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Save your change and in two months you should have enough for a 6800 with 256megs. I run one and even with full quality at 1000x700 resolution, it runs flawlessly.

I can crank it to 1000x1200 in everyday pub running and depending on the map of course.

Phil is right. Overclocking is not very good way to get your frame rate up anyways. I have had mine running at 850\550 overclocked just to see what it would do and while it starts out smooth and cool, eventually it gets hot and the card defaults to its OEM cpu and mem speeds.

Even with the fan set to stay on all the time, those babies get hot.

A small help is to use the right drivers for your intended use. Some of Nvidea's recent releases sucked for BF2 use. The version that came on the BF2 CD worked well and the most recent one seems to be coded for BF2 especially if you use the BF2 settings in vid card control panel.

For comparison purposes

Hardware ID:
PCI\ven_10de&dev_00C1&subsys_024510de&rev_A2\4&16ec1a1&0&0008

Driver version: 6.14.10.8426
ImageImage
Interfusi0n

Post by Interfusi0n »

dynamic lighting and shadows will lower your fps quite a bit. antialiasing and texture filtering will also. turn AA and filtering off and see if that helps your frames.

what frame rate can your card sustain with all settings at low(except geometry and view distance maxed) at 1024x768?
Andi

Post by Andi »

i dont know.

but as i said i lowered some details and quite fine with it. this will do it until i can afford a new system.

thanks to all for your help.
@6-Obschtz.Andi|GT
8D|2|Pfc.Andi
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

[RESOLVED] added