Downloads

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

TOPCAT

Downloads

Post by TOPCAT »

Hey there,
I'm in the process of downloading the mappacks and patches I need to get started. So far I cant get the europe patch on the vanilla/sf or the 1Mb point of existance. I cant get the ATC either. When I try I get a message saying internet explorer cannot access this page.

Any idea's?
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Hi Topcat, welcome to GC

re Europatch: you will only need the patch in case your BF- game is not running the current patch anyway. If it doesn't you can also download from our NA server (=download NA) the file is the same. Or you can download it from EA directly.

RE ATC: this is an optional feature, which is not mandatory for playing here at GC since it is an tactical tool for strategy planing.

RE Point of Existence 2 patch: that one is obligatory I am afraid. Retry starting the download again after your other downloads have finished. I sometime experience that my number of parallel dlds are limited when I try to dld several files from the same server.

If dlding from our server proves impossible try the PoE server
Last edited by sushi on Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I believe late Friday the Euro server went down so you caught it at a rare bad time. Hopefully things will be functional soon, I know Philor was stressing about it so he should give us a green light when its back up.

POE2 is public. Stock 1.41 (vanilla) patch is public from EA. The custom maps we may need to host a backup site (Tube's?) until the Euro server is up.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

Welcome to GC and GFB, topcat.

The patch for battlefield, you only need it if you like haven't played in a long while, but if you've been playing recently on public servers, you probable won't need it.

Custom maps, you'll have to wait just a little bit, until the euro server is back up again.

PoE2: i've found a link, that contains poe, patch and mappack all in one, and you can download it here

morph
Morph
TOPCAT

Post by TOPCAT »

Thanks guys,
I'm downloading poe from another site now. Hopefully that'll be me sorted and I wont have any more novice questions for you.
Thanks again.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Hey you wouldn't believe how many questions I had when joining GC. :wink:

Don't hesitate to ask anything that is on your mind, especially when it comes to gaming style the battledays and stuff.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

here, click this linkif you have any questions!

feel free to ask anything, and i'm also on xfire, if you use it! :D
Morph
Ramrod64

Post by Ramrod64 »

Time for some Wikipages again :) and again and again...

If you have more questions post them here and they might be added in the FAQ:

FAQ

If you think you are technical prepaired maybe take a look on this page:

Basic Training

Some additional rules:

fair play rules

That should be enough for the beginning but if you are still interested in GC and how the campaign system is working take a look at this one:

GC risk system
Ramrod, out!

Cu on Battlefield of =Global-Conflict=
current Campaign:
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Cant remember if the add-on mappack for POE2 is included in the latest POE2 or a separate download.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

it's included
Morph
TOPCAT

Post by TOPCAT »

Thanks for all your help guys. It looks like I'm set up and ready to go. Unfortunately I haven't got a mic for today's game so I wont be able to join you. Best of luck.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

you can still join, get in a squad, and in game, just answer to the squad leader's orders with a PageUp or PageDown :D
Morph
TOPCAT

Post by TOPCAT »

Cool. I'll sign up this afternoon. I just want to get home first and make sure that I can get on the server and on to TS so I'll be able to listen to orders. Dont want to sign up just to find out that I've got some sort of glitch. Dont want that +4 man rule biting you guys on the ass.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

That's where the neutrals come in :D We'll join sides to help balance things out, so that the +4 rule gets stretched a little as possible! I didn't have a mic when I joined GC either, but it wasn't long before I was spurtin' my commentary all over the server :oops:
Hi!
TOPCAT

Post by TOPCAT »

Hey guys.
Well my technical problems continue. I tried joining the server yesterday evening but a message came up saying that my version was older than the server. As far as I know I applied all the downloads including the 1.4 patch. I wasn't playing online for over a year before this. Are there some previous patches that I should also be using? Any ideas are most welcome. I think I may be missing the special forces expansion pack.