PnkBstr

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

PnkBstr

Post by Hitman47 »

well, seems like I've got a problem.....yesterday I played PR and everything was fine, today any server I join, after playing about 2 mins on the server it kicks me to the main menu with a message "kicked by punkbuster for following reason: PnkBstrB heartbeats stopped"

now, the thing is, I updated punkbuster and still same prob; tried playing without firewall, still same prob; watched the console in game and the last message I see is: PnkBstrB successfully loaded and installed <- or something in that fashion, and after like 30 secs I get kicked.

Any suggestions?
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

The PnkBstrB.exe Heartbeats Stopped error is most often caused by interference of another program, such as a firewall or anti-virus software. If you have any type of security software on your computer, be sure to either disable it while playing a game or make sure that PnkBstrA.exe, PnkBstrB.exe, and PnkBstrK.sys all have access to the internet and are not being blocked.

Many anti-virus programs have been known to block out any new services and kernel drivers when they are first released. Until these programs update to identify that PnkBstr services are components of PunkBuster, you will have to manually adjust the settings of your anti-virus software, or disable it.

This error may also be caused by the PnkBstrA.exe, PnkBstrB.exe, and PnkBstrK.sys services failing to start. If you have previously disabled these services, you will need to Reinstall PunkBuster as these services are now mandatory.

How to fix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng8E725N1Jc
[IMG]https:///images/210831/.jpg[/IMG]
C7:CPL C8:MAJ C9:SFC C10:COL C11:TA C13:SGT
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

after 2 hours of brainstorming and trial & error and a system restore I found out that the only thing I had to do is turn my whole antivirus off. (I tried turning off his functions but that didn't solve it, only turning the whole damn thing off helped) Problem solved! Thanks for the help!
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Antivirus software can be so invasive :?