PB is kicking me from BC2 (Steam version)

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

sushi
Executive
Executive

PB is kicking me from BC2 (Steam version)

Post by sushi »

Being kicked from ingame back to the game menue, after joining a server, I get the message:

"You have been kicked from the game. the reason is:Punkbuster kicked player sushi25 (for 0minutes) PB INIT FAILURE (if this persists, visit evenbalance.com and click support to manually update Punkbuster."

I am using the PBsepup tool and also did update the files from PB manually in the Steam PB-sub-folder

Within the game settings "allow Punkbuster" is activated. I did uninstall the Beta before installing the game.

Any ideas or similar experiences with the game?
sushi
Executive
Executive

Re: PB is kicking me from BC2 (Steam version)

Post by sushi »

Are you guys getting this also, looking at the EA-forums, it seems it could be a serverside problem. The servers need to be restarted to update their PB-files. Damn pathetic programming!!!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

is your PB on your firewall exceptions list, make sure you have A and B and maybe even punkbuster C on the list. and have you updated punkbuster? all stupid solutions but it's as far as my knowledge goes! xD
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

:lol: Hitman, if you look at my post above, you will see that I did indeed do the pb updating.

It appears the majority of the servers are ok by now, have been restarted and are running again. At least I can stay in the games (keeping my fingers crossed)
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

D'oh! :D
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

When you start the game, there's a message scrolling at the bottom of the screen saying that PB kicks are a "known issue" that's being worked on. They suggest going to the punkbuster website and doing a manual update if the problem keeps happening. But from your previous post, I'm guessing it's the servers that need the manual updating :-P
Hi!