rubberband issues

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: rubberband issues

Post by Kismet »

I have to run MSI Afterburner just to play BF3 for more than 30 seconds - have to turn my shader clock down to avoid crash to desktop. So if you're having trouble while MSI AB is running, it's probably the settings you're using and not the program.
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

Doubt it. OC settings stay the same after Afterburner closes down. It's only when it is opened that it causes headaches.

Usually after a reboot, I start afterburner to check the clocks to make sure they did not default on me and then I close it down while it retains the clocks.

Samrt doctor serves the same purpose, but for the fan control aspect.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I don't know if this is the same thing but a similar thing happened to me too, on kharg island during the matchday (18th). I was in a tank and would turn to look somewhere and then have my field of vision locked back to where I was looking the second before. When I got out of the tank and tried to move I was just sprung back to where I was a second before-extreme rubber banding. I restarted the game and haven't had the same problem since, I just assumed it was the server flipping out or something.

There was also a symbol in the top right hand side of the screen, an orange plug that had been pulled out of it's socket- a bit like this " -C= D-" (where C= is the plug...). The strange thing was everything else was fine, all the other players were moving around as normal, just I had an inability to move or change my field of view.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

I lagged real hard today on the US server, to the point is was impossible to play. So I switched to the EU server, and apparently it was good, I had no lag issues, but then the server begun to time out after 4, 5 minutes in it. After 4 tries I gave up. My teamspeak was algo disconnecting, I don't know if the TS server has anything to do with the BF servers. The thing is I tested playing in others servers and it was all fine, including the NA server 2. Last saturday I had no problems playing. Do you guys know what may be causing these problems? Have the configuration of the servers been changed? Can the teamspeak be causing these problems? Do you guys have any suggestions to improve ping?

EDIT: I just tried playing in a random server with TS on and had no issues. Oh well, I think my internet was in a bad day, I hope it gets better until next saturday. :(
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

I have to apologise for the use of the Multiplay US server today. With everything else going on I forgot to prepare for the new server, so when it came down to locking the servers I couldn't lock the new server and had to go back to the old one. Next week we will be using the new NA server and with any luck the lag won't be any where near as bad.