TS3 issues

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Hashey

TS3 issues

Post by Hashey »

Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but these last week/2 weeks my pc just keeps freezing up whenever I either start up TS3 of when I try to connect to the GC server. Before this I sometimes had teamspeak crash aswell due to all the goddamn gif files that are currently in the channel descriptions.

So I don't know if it's something that happened during the last update of TS3, because I did install a new version these last 2 weeks. If anyone knows any fix for this, please let me know. :)
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: TS3 issues

Post by .Sup »

could it be that you're not running the latest version? Because it would make sense if TS crashed when you joined a specific channel that has new features or used actions that weren't available in the old version.
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Afaik I have the latest version of TS. Came up with a message saying I had to update it when I was still able to start it normally and installed the new update.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Are you sure you installed the right bit architecture version?
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

The only thing I installed if whatever TS3 offered me as an update.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Try updating your video driver
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

Hashey wrote:Hey guys,

I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but these last week/2 weeks my pc just keeps freezing up whenever I either start up TS3 of when I try to connect to the GC server.

There is a possibility that you are running a program that is not compatible with Teamspeak and when you run both of the programs at the same time your computer will have problems running both programs correctly.
This happens alot with anti virus/malware programs. I also had a similar problem with CCleaner (crap program), whenever CCleaner was running I would get alot of problems and even BSOD's.

Try to startup your PC in safe mode (with network options) and try to connect to the GC server on TS. Because then your computer runs on the minimum amount of required programs to work correctly. If that works, then there is a program on your computer that causes problems when you open TS.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
aitikoiras

Post by aitikoiras »

are you using Teamspeak 3 Overlay plugin? i had problems with it, game and TS crashing. i disabled it and now i'm good.
AitiKoiras, MamaDog, Koira
Hashey

Post by Hashey »

Updating video drivers didn't work, nor is it ts overlay as I'm not using that.

Could try the safe mode startup, but I kinda doubt that it's anything like that. Didn't really install any new stuff when it was still working.