Forced Push to Talk

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Róka

Re: Forced Push to Talk

Post by Róka »

dan1mall wrote:I preffer not to use PTT, and havent done so in like 4 years.
In GC especially it hard for me to do so, I have 5 macro keys on the left side of my keyboard all bound to different whisper lists, while capslock is channel commander. For flying I use buttons qwe,asd,zxc,spacebar, and controll. Meaning that hand is pretty much already dancing around the keyboard like a balerina on steroids. My mouse sensitivity is also set so high that if I try to press a button on the side of my mouse, it moves about half a centimetre, which at 4.2k DPI is about a quarter of a screen. Meaning those buttons are very much so out of reach for me.

I too have a mute button both on my headphone cord and my keyboard. Which ill use to mute myself whenever I'm eating/dying/talking to RL people.

Id really rather switch back to voice activation if possible.
This.
Honestly, it gets pretty annoying and would be so much easier to fly with VA.
Like Shrapnel said, I have 5 PTT keys atm and I would much prefer the option to VA when I already have PTT buttons for CC, Squad, and Air Force Groups. And as you can see, any reason as to strictly enforcing PTT ONLY has been countered by great arguments. I still don't see why the option has been taken away simply because of a
Gwynzer wrote:PenisBot
ImageImage
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

.Sup wrote: Thats what I was initially thinking as well but there hasn't been nearly as many VA violations as there are users who use VA. VA will get re-enabled.
Thank you :)
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Gwynzer wrote:If people didn't keep moving PenisBot into other channels with the sole purpose of annoying people with it, it wouldn't be so much of an issue. . .
exactly. Everyone knows who was abusing it.
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

It wasn't I who kept moving it into other channels once it was configured to play youtube videos via command if that is the implication. Even if the music bot was annoying, the solution is not disabling Voice Activation as a bot can work around that. The solution is muting (or banning if it's a major issue) the source. Many people seemed to like it.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Gwynzer wrote:It wasn't I who kept moving it into other channels once it was configured to play youtube videos via command if that is the implication. Even if the music bot was annoying, the solution is not disabling Voice Activation as a bot can work around that. The solution is muting (or banning if it's a major issue) the source. Many people seemed to like it.
I know and I agree.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I enjoyed the music bot and I don't think that was the reason forced PTT was enabled. We never allowed voice activation it just happened that TS wasn't configured well so it allowed it and some of the new ppl joining started abusing that (even though it is clearly stated in the rules to use PTT) and I guess nobody told those ppl to switch to PTT or if they did they didn't listen.

I don't think it is a good idea to let the armies decide for themselves whether to allow VA or not. If one army does and another doesn't it could create a bad atmosphere, and it's putting the officers on the spot. It has to be decided for the whole community, either the supporting members or the Execs.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Liljedahls

Post by Liljedahls »

I've been using mouse 5 as my PTT for ages. I have no problems with this at all, not even in the air. But I do not think that everyone should be forced to use PTT just because some fool did something wrong that one time.
Róka

Post by Róka »

Liljedahls wrote:I've been using mouse 5 as my PTT for ages. I have no problems with this at all, not even in the air. But I do not think that everyone should be forced to use PTT just because some fool did something wrong that one time.
I'm used to PTT, but VA is so much easier. Plus I have 4 other PTT buttons for specific group chat so yeah.
ImageImage