Fresh install

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Fresh install

Post by Guest »

If I were to uninstall and reinstall BF2 would I lose my account information?

Such as passwords. The reason is becuase I dont remember what my passwords or associated emails were with each account?

DOH!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Just go to "My Documents" and backup the Profiles folder under "Battlefield 2" and you should be set. After reinstalling just copy your profiles back, this will also keep your key settings working. You can open the Profile.con in each subdir with a text editor to see with what E-mail address you registered.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!

Post by Guest »

I tried that before and the password was different when I pasted back into my documents.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

moved to Help forum

not sure if this is still of any importance. You should definately be able to reimply all your local information for your reinstalled game. If you are talking about a new password I am not sure if you are talking about a new account in that case you would loose all the Medals/ranks and stuff that you allready played for on ranked servers.

You would want to open the files that you saved to make sure the ingame name in the profile files is the same as the one you registered with.

[/list]
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Sometimes if you press something other than ESC to skip the intro movies, that keystroke carries over to your password field and it will say you entered the wrong password. But, after the error, if you click "Login" again it will work fine.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

My experience with BF2 is that the passwords will not carry over n matter what you copy/backup. I use generic passwords for crap accounts to overcome this.

Post by Guest »

OK. Thanks.