USI mod problems

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

tiberian_rebel

USI mod problems

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I know how to use winRAR, however I don't know where to put the files from the download. I ran the .exe file, but I don't know where to put the other files. There is no Readme file. Please help.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

mods usually end up in the mod folder alongside the BF2 folder in there. You may need un unrar there and see if the structure parallel the BF2 folder.
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I beleive that I have messed with my BF2 files enough that it is probably not the same as the original file. I'm not sure, but I have have a lot of files that are unzipped or are just free-standing in my
"mods.bf2" folder. I'm not sure if they are part of the original file or if they were added when I tried to add some mods and messed up.
However, I compared it to the Operation Peacekeeper files(which I have not messed with) and they seemed to be the same. I tried USI again, and it crashed to desktop.
"It is only one who is thoroughly acquainted with the evils of war that can thoroughly understand the profitable way of carrying it on." -Sun Tzu
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

Now I have another problem. I accidentally created a file within USI called USI using winRar. However, I can't delete the file, even though it's empty. It keeps saying it is being used by another program, even though I have nothing else running. And because of that, it won't let me delete the real USI folder within the mods folder because of this file. The reason I want to delete the file is so I can try again.
Leroy

Post by Leroy »

Losin' all your highs and lows, Ain't it funny how the feelin' goes away?
MajorBurner

Post by MajorBurner »

whow leroy .. i always searched for kinda program like this !!!
Campaign 2: Neutral Image / Campaign 3: Neutral Image
Campaign 4: SCUM / Colonel Image/ Campaign 5: HH / SCA Image
call me :x & :lol:
CLICK HERE TO BECOME A VOTEABLE MEMBER
tiberian_rebel

Post by tiberian_rebel »

I'll need to try this. Once I do, I'll put up a post. Thanks
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I'll have to check this one out and see if replaces process explorer for me. Cool.