Teamspeak problems

For when things break.

Moderator: Executive

Phoenix012

Teamspeak problems

Post by Phoenix012 »

Alright I'm having technical issues with teamspeak.

This problem has started appearing for no reason at all.

Apparently, after a few minutes of play my mic starts generating a lot of white noise. Noone can hear me when this happens. I cannot seem to find anything that causes this problem either, it just happens.

It's getting frustration because it prevents me from communicating with my teammates and I have to restart the computer to fix it (simply logging out of bf2 and teamspeak doesn't fix it). Something else that's strange is every time this happens it takes a very long time for my computer to shut down (like a good 3 minutes or so when it should be a 30 second process).

Any clues as to the problems would be appreciated.
Shankbone

Post by Shankbone »

If you have another mic give it a try just to rule it out. It may be more of an internal hardware problem. This could be especially bad if your audio is integrated on the motherboard. You could also try reloading your audio drivers.

That's as far as I would suggest until you rule out the mic or audio driver update.
Shankbone, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Tauzer

Post by Tauzer »

hashy had a same problem..when we was playing C3 I think...than..maybe he will know the answer!
2Camp/Cpl..3Camp/2nd Lt..4Camp/Neutral..5Camp/2nd Lt..6Camp/Pfc..7Camp/Ogr
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

This happened to me too way back when. Go to Settings -> Options -> Sound Devices tab. Check the box next to "Force 8 bit recording". That fixed my problem.
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral