Battlefield 2 1.4 (new intel on friday)

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Battlefield 2 1.4 (new intel on friday)

Post by ph1l0r »

================================================================================
Patch v1.4
================================================================================

GAMEPLAY TWEAKS

- The vehicle drop has been modified to help prevent exploits such as blocking
enemy vehicles, destroying vehicles and commander assets, or as an alternative
to artillery.
- C4 tossing distance has been reduced.
- A prone->crouch delay has been added.

BUG FIXES

- Fixed the Linux server hangs when trying to load a Special Forces Co-Op map.
- Another attempt at fixing the Red/Blue nametag bug.
- Fixed the missing server info on the map briefing screen.
- Fixed the server browser issues with updating info.
- Fixed the filter by maps size option in the server browser.
- Fixed a low reproducibility crash bug related to the vehicle drop.
- Fixed a crash in Co-op after a player is revived without a kit.
- Fixed a server crash on Linux 32 when trying to rotate maps in Coop Mode.
- Fixed the occasionnal red distance marker appearing on the ground.
- Fixed the bug that caused the player's arms to become invisible when switching
weapons.
- Co-Op bot console commands now function on local servers.
- Fixed the excessive damage taken by the Muscle Car.
- Adjusted the minimum number of players to start the round
on ranked servers.
- Re-enabled unlocks on unranked servers.
- Commander options are no longer available whilst commander is dead.
- Fixed bug where a spawn point is shown as selected when it is not if player has
spawned in during the preview round.
- Co-Op (Local Server) - Fixed the issue where no other players may join the server
if the server host is kicked and banned.
- Ranked Servers now force unlocks.
- Added support for multiple gamemodes in single maplist for mods

Code: Select all

Beta Disclaimer 

Greetings!
     By taking part in this BETA you are accepting the risks related to the use of non-final code.  EA & DICE are not responsible for any harm caused by the use of these files.  EA will not provide customer support for any issues related to the use of any BETA related files.  Any issues experienced during the use of these files should be reported to the EA Battlefield2 forums.  

Helpful Tips:

Installation steps to protect your original BF2 install:
Beta Installation

1.	Go to “C:\Program Files\EA GAMES”
2.	Right click the “Battlefield 2” folder and choose “Copy”
3.	Right click anywhere away from this folder and choose “Paste”
4.	Once the copy has completed, you will have two folders named “Battlefield 2” and “Copy of Battlefield 2”
5.	Install the patch 1.4 beta, then start the game as normal

When you wish to switch back to the release version of BF2, use the following steps:

1.	Go to “C:\Program Files\EA GAMES”
2.	Right click the “Battlefield 2” folder and choose “Rename”
3.	Rename the folder to something like “Battlefield 2 Beta”
4.	Right click the “Copy of Battlefield 2” folder
5.	Rename the folder the “Battlefield 2”
6.	Start the game as normal.

The shortcut will run BF2.exe from whichever folder is named “Battlefield 2” and both installations share the same registry entries. 

Using the above steps will negate the need to completely uninstall and re-install whenever you wish to switch from the retail version to the beta version and vice versa.  

Feedback & Bug Reporting: There will be threads hosted on the EA forums in which you can provide your feedback on the 1.4 patch.  Please direct all feedback to these lists and not to customer service.  Customer Service will not provide support for any Patch Beta issues.  We are eager to receive your feedback on this patch beta!  

Communicate in game:  When playing in one of the BETA servers make sure to communicate any issues you see to others in the server.  This will allow you to quickly discover if the issues you experience are unique to you or not.

Screenshots: It is extremely helpful to our development teams to be able to have a visual reference for any issues or feedback you provide.  Whenever possible please provide a screenshot with your bug reports or feedback.

Crash Logs: If you experience a crash please check your dmp file located at: C:\Documents and Settings\<xxx>\My Documents\Battlefield 2\Dmp.  Report your crash in the Official EA Forums and be prepared to provide the dump file if requested.  

DX Diag report:  For any technical issue experienced we may need you to provide your system spec and driver information.  All of this can be gathered by selecting the ‘run’ option in the start menu and entering “dxdiag” then pressing Enter. 
You have been warned. Exclusive GC Mirror bf2_1.4_beta_incremental.zip

The server binaries won't be released to the public. Be sure to follow the instructions or you won't be able to play on any of the GC Server and almost all ranked servers.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

The new map looks good. Hopefully 1.4 will be ready for consumption within next campaign.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

What do you guys say? Should we try 1.4 now? Or wait for final version?
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
gribble

Post by gribble »

let's say it this way: there is no server port available :-)
Bernout

Post by Bernout »

I would wait for the final version guys. I've been on the EA forums where they are talking about the beta and it still has some pretty good bugs going.

Bernout
BF2 C-8 SFB Image
BF2 C-5 Cpt, Hogan's HeroesImage
BF2 C-4 Neutral BuccaneersImage
BF2 C-3 =EC= Cpt, 2nd Simian CrapflingersImage
BF2 C-2 =EC= SSgt, Hand of MontuImage
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

Bernout wrote:I would wait for the final version guys. I've been on the EA forums where they are talking about the beta and it still has some pretty good bugs going.
Is this any different from the final versions we had so far?
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
DrZoidberg

Re: Battlefield 2 1.4 Beta Patch out today

Post by DrZoidberg »

And I quote from the second post of the Patch 1.4 issues thread:
http://forum.eagames.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... e5de8a96b8
Played for 5 minutes...

-Serverinfo STILL does not show
-Kniving still gives you the smoke puffs ( showing you that it hits ) but still you opponent doesn't die... didn't collin clarke state that hit recognition would be fixed??
I'll post as soon as I find more...

EDIT: After 5 more minutes of playing I have found some new things you guys forgot to change when making infantry only...

Infantry only feedback:
- Knife leaves you with about half of your health
- Shock paddles are very messed up when trying to kill with them, it took me 8 shock paddles before the enemy died
- I can stand on a grenade, it will explode and I will still have half of my health left
- If you hold your shock paddles you cant be killed... Only if 3 people are stabbing you in the face constantly you will die at some point, good job DicE!
Apparently holding shockpaddles while Medic makes you invincible.
Invincible AA: http://media.putfile.com/aa-repair-bug

J35 Missiles don't even try to track.folow J10's.

Also, check out the new tracking systems, and how well they work: http://uli-staerk.de/temp/bf2bugs/F15bugs.wmv
Any society, which would lose a little liberty, to gain a little security, deserve neither, and will lose both -Benjamin Franklin
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

1.4 meets and exceeds EA/DICE quality. The only difference is they dont have to release officially 1.4 while they work on the 1.41 patch and look like heros for patching a game over 1 year old with major bugs.
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

- Shock paddles are very messed up when trying to kill with them, it took me 8 shock paddles before the enemy died
- I can stand on a grenade, it will explode and I will still have half of my health left
- If you hold your shock paddles you cant be killed... Only if 3 people are stabbing you in the face constantly you will die at some point, good job DicE!
It kinda makes me wonder how he came up with some of these criticisms.
Do you think he decided to have three friends stab him in the face constantly, just to test the beta? Does he play against other players that don't notice the first 7 blasts from the paddles? Naw!, I would hazard a guess that he was working at something else entirely.

I give Dice a "well done", just for even half heartedly keeping up with some of these smaktards and wanna-be hackers. There is a lot of youthful enthusiasm being syphoned off by the dark side of the FORCE, what a waste!

I wonder if he needs any more volunteers to practice stabbing him in the face. I might find the time for this smakkie.............lol.

Winter :P
ImageImage
DrZoidberg

Post by DrZoidberg »

Winter_Lion wrote: It kinda makes me wonder how he came up with some of these criticisms.
The main reason for this is the fact that in the new Infantry Only mode, they almost doubled the health, so you can stand on nades and live to tell the tale. I've done it a few times myself. That coupled with the super self-healing abilities of medics, medics are essentially 24/7 godmode.

And, if you don't believe me, then just check this video I made of it:
<a href='http://media.putfile.com/BF2-Patch-14'>'BF2 Patch 1.4'</a>
Any society, which would lose a little liberty, to gain a little security, deserve neither, and will lose both -Benjamin Franklin
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Hopefully DICE/EA fix it before they officially release it or its going to be abused.
cVetko

Post by cVetko »

ea/dice has a special talent 4 destroying the game and the clan community... after the last patch i thought to myself ... where could they mess whit the game now... its imposible to frak it up more... but i guess theres always a way :?

if they don't fix this i don't see much point in playing the game ...but i guess we will have to adjust... EA is killing bf2! :cry:
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

woot lol, It's not even an official patch and you start to freak out... wow guys... And +, If you dont want to play the crappy infantry mod, dont play it and keep playing basic conquest, you gonna stay with the same game you had...
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

A prone->crouch delay has been added.
Sounds like i'll like that one.
gribble

Post by gribble »

Beta2 out
http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthre ... ost1079997
Hello everyone! Based on player feedback and bug reporting we are moving forward with our second 1.4 Beta version. This version has additional bug fixes and the following changes to the “Road to Jalalabad” map and the “No Vehicles” server option.

Road to Jalalabad

- Tickets adjustements
- Removal of 1 US tank to help address balance issues.

No Vehicles Option

- Added a new Server Browser Filter option for No Vehicles
- Return Health to default BF2 level
- Return Medic pack and Revive values to Default BF2
- Default spawn times to Default BF2 setting.
- No Vehicles is now a ranked server option!

We kept:

- Keep the current sprint bar setting (I.e. 2x sprint)
- Keep the current Vehicle exclusion list (i.e. we are not introducing light jeeps etc, just keeping the boats on Carrier levels).

We will be working with the Battlefield server providers to have Phase 2 servers hosted. Client files will be hosted in the same locations as the first 1.4 Beta. Please note that once you download the new 1.4 Beta you must:

- Delete your previous 1.4 Beta folders
- Follow these steps to back up your 1.3 install

> Go to “C:\Program Files\EA GAMES”
> Right click the “Battlefield 2” folder and choose “Copy”
> Right click anywhere away from this folder and choose “Paste”
> Once the copy has completed, you will have two folders named “Battlefield 2” and “Copy of Battlefield 2”
> Install the patch 1.4 beta, then start the game as normal

When you wish to switch back to the release version of BF2, use the following steps:

- Go to “C:\Program Files\EA GAMES”
- Right click the “Battlefield 2” folder and choose “Rename”
- Rename the folder to something like “Battlefield 2 Beta”
- Right click the “Copy of Battlefield 2” folder
- Rename the folder the “Battlefield 2”
- Start the game as normal.

Please make sure to take the proper steps to safeguard your 1.3 BF2 install and join us in making this the best patch possible.

-The Battlefield Team.
BF2_Beta_Full_v2.zip 521.64 MB
BF2_Beta_Incr_v2.zip 137.50 MB

Edit ph1l0r:

GC Mirrors:

Incremental http://europe.global-conflict.org/patch ... ncr_v2.zip
Full http://europe.global-conflict.org/patch ... ull_v2.zip