Intercampaign Scrim This Saturday

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Intercampaign Scrim This Saturday

Post by Shrapnel »

This Saturday we will be conducting reconnaissance of some new maps to possibly be added to our campaign. So show up this saturday and lets put them through the wringer. Then be sure to let us know what you thought of the maps afterwards so the TAs can get an idea of what the community thinks.

We'll be playing the recent contest winners from PoE2's map designing contest. Ph1lor has already uploaded them to the server and you can download them in one easy to grab pack, here.

We are working on getting FCs for this event. While Styphon and Haz have been graciously volunteered by Stonie, the TAs are waiting to see if they are actually wanting to do the job.

If you would like to try your hand as FC or SL this Saturday please let us know so we can make sure you get rotated in on the fun.

See you this Saturday, and don't forget to use ABC so we can have an idea of how many people will be showing up.

Saturday's Officers:
FC
Styphon
Stonie
Mastif
Total_Focus_Haz

SL
Mastif
Stonie
Kevenova2005
NateDogg25
Last edited by Shrapnel on Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 9 times in total.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

matsif up for SL for sat. on haz's team!

also, will we be playing just the 5 contest winner maps or will we also play some of the vanilla BF2 maps that they ported to POE2?
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

ImageImageImage pick me, pick meImageImageImage

ImageCool new POE2maps.Image
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Lol at stonie. Think the withdrawl symptoms are kicking in, and been replaced with cafine.
koenich

Post by koenich »

I cant download the mappack! :oops:
Campaing 6

Nelm

Post by Nelm »

LMAO @ Stonie (hope i spelled that right /no grammar Nazis here)
ontopic : Awesome that you guys picked the new maps for PoE2 they are blast to play !!!

Nelm over and out :arrow:
"Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything"
Nelm

Post by Nelm »

Koenich here's the new link for map pack http://pointofexistence2.hypernia.net
"Never increase, beyond what is necessary, the number of entities required to explain anything"
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

koenich wrote:I cant download the mappack! :oops:
Firewall (some 3rd party, not the windows included one) ? Download Accelerator/Manager? Turn those of and you should be able to download. The server is checking for correct referrer headers.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Plz do us all a favor.

Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Update: Styphon is on board for FCing this Saturday but still no word from Haz. I'm not sure if Haz is on vacation or just taking a break, but we still need a second FC (and maybe a third or fourth if people want to rotate out). So let us know if you want the job.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Stonie vs ..................??
If nobody steps up first, I voulanteer

I would like to see some new guys on the top, wich left a good impression.

:arrow: Unit1
:arrow: Ramboon
:arrow: Titi
:arrow: Absturzgefahr
:arrow: Zyphlus
:arrow: Matsif
:arrow: Cvetco

Come on guys it is playing commander for 2 rounds.
This way you all can show what you got, and get a tast of organising.
There is always a veteran FC to assist you.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

fine stonie, for your wishes, I volunteer as FC for a couple rounds, but not to start off. maybe the second map, but not the first.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Kevanova2005

Post by Kevanova2005 »

I'll SL if you need me but if any first timers want to do it then give them a shot first 8)
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

i am up for it, just busy installing a cisco ip telephone syatem for 400 people, should hopefully be back for sats game, stuck in a place called cockfosters in london, seems i have the arsenal football team living around here, anyone want a knee capping carried out 8O
ButchLion

Post by ButchLion »

I agree with Stonie, FC is a harrowing job especially if you havent done it on pubs, everyone should be given the chance, OJT is a lot more effective training tool, I suppose you could do FC in single player but its not the same with TS. Matsif learned fast on how to handle troop movement and I suppose others did to after my experience with FC. If I got a chance to do it again, I would hope to do it lots different, the time I was in that position, I made the assumption that Ice would direct troops according to what he seen from the radar, not realizing that the field scan was a little more usefull in reading the enemy movements. Not directing the troops accordingly may have had some influence in the outcome of that battle, but most of my time was tryin to hear the requests for vehicles an supplies and artillery placement, not so much as troop movement. Anyway what ever the majority decides I will follow as a devoted troop.
BECOME A VOTABLE MEMBER!!!!
See ya in Da Game, Da Butcher
ButchLion.Image
aka [TRG]Butchvonlio, C4 PFC, C5 PFC, C6 CPL, C7 LTC , C8 Neutral, C9 Kpt., C10 Comodore, C11 lcp, C12 lcp, C13 lcp