Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Euro Server Downtime / Updated Again

Post by ph1l0r »

Hi there,

just to let you know. The euro server is about to get reinstalled is therefore down down down. I'll post an update as soon as it's up again.

Update
Euro Server is up and running! We might see some issues popping up since we switched platforms. Please bear with us while we iron them out.
Last edited by ph1l0r on Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

will this affect the battle tomorrow?

P.S. by the way, the euro server was all laggy last week, but it turned out ok this tuesday..

P.P.S i'm having huge lag to the na server, i asked stonie and he said that he was lagging too, you have any ideia why?
Morph
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

MorpheusPT wrote:will this affect the battle tomorrow?
Shouldn't do.
MorpheusPT wrote:P.S. by the way, the euro server was all laggy last week, but it turned out ok this tuesday..
We know ;)
MorpheusPT wrote:P.P.S i'm having huge lag to the na server, i asked stonie and he said that he was lagging too, you have any ideia why?
Can't answer that one, I don't think I have any lag. What kind of lag... High pings? Rubberbanding?
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

high pings, for instance, when the campaign started, i used to have around 130 ping to the na server, that was kewl :D

but now, it's going around the 190, which is not kewl :(

onn the last nabo, it peaked around 220 :cry:
Morph
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

MorpheusPT wrote:high pings, for instance, when the campaign started, i used to have around 130 ping to the na server, that was kewl :D

but now, it's going around the 190, which is not kewl :(

onn the last nabo, it peaked around 220 :cry:
spyware on your PC. U have any enemies? :P
DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

Quick question. Whos the server provider? I know I have a branzone 24man for $2 a slot. And it doesn't lag, I don't know how a 64man would do though. But it is a cheap and DAM good server provider. I recommend when your month is up switch over to branzone.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

the na server is hosted at a company named "Server Beach", you can tell if you're in one because they're IP range starts with 64.34._._

it's not the first time i've been on these guys servers, my previous clan had a dedicated box in which we hosted the servers, that box belonged to server beach, and they're not that expensive, plus, if you have a problem, they usually find a way to work things out...

but they're usually not laggy, not at all
Morph
DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

Branzone would be alot cheaper. It would be $124 a month.

• Free Setup on all BF2 Servers. (within 12 hours)
• 100mbps Hyper Performance Bandwidth.
• Free Top-notch support through Instant Messenger, forums, and e-mail
• Highest Performance Available!
• Unlimited Fragging!

Thats a quote from their site. Anyways I still think you guys should switch over to branzone. Even if it is a little more it would be worth it because the server is dedicated to bf2.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

The NA server is hosted by Wolf Servers.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

I've trace routed to the NA server, and this is what i've got

perhaps WolfServers is a division of Server Beach?
Morph
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

ServerBeach owns the data center, located in Herndon VA. WolfServers could be a child company, or maybe they're just renting place inside the DC - who knows :P

For what it's worth, my ping was higher during the NABO this week, too... I usually get about 6, but this past tuesday it was closer to 10 - yarr!
Hi!
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

Goggles wrote:For what it's worth, my ping was higher during the NABO this week, too... I usually get about 6, but this past tuesday it was closer to 10 - yarr!
lol

you gotta live on the server :P

it would be awesome to fly in those conditions! In portugal, the lowest i get is like 14 :(

even in a lan party we organized this summer at my college, 18 computers connected to a switch, around 16 ping for eveyone :D
Morph
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Currently, I believe it is $127 for 3 months. I havent noticed any lag on the NA server.

Biggest issue we run into is getting a server location that pings decent for Euros. That pretty much limits us to 3 or 4 locations on the East Coast.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

I get hardly any lag on either server. All I notice is when the server says Connection Lost.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

updated. see above.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!