Euro Server Downtime / Updated Again

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

phil if you need help let me as i am a cisco engineer and networking is ma bread and butter
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

doh! good to know. it's more than just the networking. you available on xfire or icq or irc?
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Total_focus_haz

msn: Neilhaslettuk@hotmail.com

xfire : hasman2000
Magrioteli

Post by Magrioteli »

G'day gentlemen!

Do you have any ETA when the Europe sever is up?

As for now I am (and certainly others) are unable to download maps, since they seem to be hosted at the same server/ISP as the Europe one.
So for the battle at Tuseday, I am anxious not having any GC-maps.
Apart from "Abadan" which I have - so far.

Is there any chance to move these maps to another server so that we can download maps?

Regards & GL!
Magrioteli
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

I'm on it. Should be up the next 4 - 6h.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
Magrioteli

Post by Magrioteli »

ph1l0r wrote:I'm on it. Should be up the next 4 - 6h.
That's damn good news Phil!

Thanks a lot for that quick answer.

/Magrioteli
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

grrrrr. I'm a little bit upset. 3rd time the hoster is screwing up now costing me time where I can't do jack with the server. Tried to setup networking and locked myself out. Usually not a problem. A reboot will fix stuff. To bad Reboot not working. Had the same s§$* Sunday afternoon. If it doesn't come up the next hour I won't be able to get it up and running in time for tomorrows battle. Go to work till six, Eubo starts at seven. Love it. Wish i was a student again.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

ph1l0r wrote:Go to work till six, Eubo starts at seven. Love it. Wish i was a student again.
doesn't the eubo start at 9 p.m. your time?
Morph
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Well i guess this is what working does to you :wink: You loose track of time and space ...... sad ......
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Ha. I meant seven in a timezone where it's 21:00 for me of course :-P I'll see what I can do. Meanwhile I've uploaded the custom maps to the NA Webserver: maps/
Magrioteli

Post by Magrioteli »

Yes! :) Thanks!

Download-time! And with Free Download Manager, it goes at > 600 KB/s even from my remote place.
Total_focus_haz

Still looking at this Phil, it may be a routing issue concerning the dummy0, try routing with that and see, i will be on xfire at 5pm GMT.

can you not mirror the NA server setup and changed the address where it needed?just to get the server up
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

will the EU server be up in time for tonight's EUBO?
Hi!
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Well. Two hours is more than nothing but I'd rather say it isn't instead of telling people it will be. Once I get home from work i'll get on it again and start reading up on tcp/ip networking. It's supposedly simple (familiar with linux routing anyone? ip route add ... (thats about how far i got right now)) but it's years ago I worked with that stuff.
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

that's why i don't like linux :P

I know, linux is for pros, because with Windows, you have almost everything already made for you, but i like it that way, why loose time with stuff that others can do for you? :D
Morph