Scrim vs Tactical Gamer

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Kevanova2005

Post by Kevanova2005 »

We have to stop thinking like we are a clan because we are not. Clan members have commitments to each other and play with each other all the time. We do not. We will always have number problems and more importantly we will always lose against any clan even fairly organised.

I don't see why you guys bother.
ramboon

Post by ramboon »

To my mind we should play more often against TG the POE mod, coz I think we can learn A LOT from these guys. They were organised from highest to the lowest level. Every soldier had his job and knew what he is supposed to do. Its not coz we play Vanilla and they play POE its just they got more organisation on the field. They even have squad formations afaik :idea:
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

Kevanova2005 wrote:
Think we do it coz it is a fun thing to play with guys you battle against most off the other time and is a chance to see how they play.

if we dont scrim we are not going to attract other players and i think Ash nailed it on the head we should have 8 - 12 players dedicated to the odd scrim which can be organised and start from there and when a big game i.e. TG we can get more involved? maybe start a 12 man team scrim team who arent just going to sign up because it looks cool but are going to put the effort in when the time matters?
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

Any competition we get should be looked on as a chance to improve as individuals and as a community and have FUN!! Yes we sucked today, I for one was not prepared after I said I would be. Let's not lose our heads or our hearts over one scrim.

We have a lot of camp stuff coming (draft tomorrow!!) Let's get back to the Conflict.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

I enjoyed today, but I enjoy winning more. And to that end I think I picked up a few ideas from the tactics the TG guys use. Can't wait to play these maps in GC. :twisted:

Just a minor critique. I saw some great squad work but very little inter-squad cooperation and less tank-infantry and groud-air cooperation. For instance TG had the cruise missle take out the AA tank and then their air would come in and slaughter followed by ground units moving in. Little things like that help a lot.

And I am totally in agreement with Ash's idea. We sorta had that going with the team for Nuke games but lets expand it. I pub a fair bit and wouldn't mind using that time to play or prepare for scrims and other competitions. :D I'm on board for any idea like that. Can't guarantee I'll make every round or practice but I'd give it a try.
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
LuckyShot

Post by LuckyShot »

CountBelasarius wrote: Just a minor critique. I saw some great squad work but very little inter-squad cooperation and less tank-infantry and groud-air cooperation. For instance TG had the cruise missle take out the AA tank and then their air would come in and slaughter followed by ground units moving in. Little things like that help a lot.
Great wisdom in those words.

Guys, here are the battlefield recorder from the rounds:
Berezan Round 1: http://europe.global-conflict.org/demos ... nd.bf2demo
Round 2: http://europe.global-conflict.org/demos/4th.bf2demo
and Odessa Round 3: http://bfrecorder.tacticalgamer.com/poe ... 39.bf2demo

Thanks again for the battles!

Lucky Shot
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Kevanova2005 wrote:
Yeah better off pubbing he?

We bother to organize, to fill in empty saturdays for you guys some to do.

:arrow: Almost 2 months notice of the scrim
:arrow: Dedicated FC's
:arrow: Strats postings up front
:arrow: practice organized (very low attended, which is very disappointed for the ones THAT show up)

I have done everything in my power to make it successful. Or make it competable.
And with me there was a (very) small amount of people to make it all happen.

It is all about attitude and feeling responsible for the task you are asked to do.

Have a good campaign............
Kevanova2005

Post by Kevanova2005 »

I apologise for my comment i really didn't mean it, i was exceedingly grumpy at the time of posting. Stupid Man-Flu :?
cVetko

Post by cVetko »

i didnt even mean to play but i jumped in as a backup but anyway... 4me poe was the issue ... so much armor on the map and the at kit is just useless at one point i filled up the tank with 7 at rockets and it didnt even begin to smoke redicilous... they know the toys all the vehicles maps wayyyy better than most of us.... i can speak 4myself that the only thing i didnt have problems with was infantry combat... i was able to kill ppl just like in vanilla but there was allways a bumblebee or a cobra or a tank or an apc that spoiled all the fun... and i heard there were commander channel problems called SPAMMMMMM and thats often a problem in the campains so its normal ... but i think we should make a better system for that...

about the numbers ... its the same if we play vannila or poe pretty much the same ppl show up but allways theres a number problem so i suggest to the guys who organize it in the future ... make it 16vs16 with 32 signups! or dont organize it at all... because i think we didnt impress a single tger yesterday
mama...
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

Stonie wrote:I have done everything in my power to make it successful. Or make it competable.
And with me there was a (very) small amount of people to make it all happen.

It is all about attitude and feeling responsible for the task you are asked to do.

Have a good campaign............
If you need help organizing, you need to ask, and see if people are available to help organize stuff!

I asked someone (can't remember who, but i'm absolutely sure it was an exec) if GC wanted to scrim a clan that has a server where the fusions play a lot, but it was said to me that there were no free saturdays left. It's fine with me, at least this time, i was given a reason. But i threw in my 2 cents, and if there were any free saturdays, we would have done it, maybe next campaign :) (the clan name is UKAW, FYI (Vanilla ftw! :P)).
Morph
Total_focus_haz

how to you play the vids of luckys?
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

put the demos here

My Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles\Default\demos

then go in game under community tab
Total_focus_haz

well downloading those vids has knackered my hard-drive, blown it completely. so i may be out off action for a bit until i reinstall everything, bf2 and poe and so on!! Duh
MorpheusPT

Post by MorpheusPT »

8O
Morph
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I havent played much POE outside of the last campaign. I believe the tanks have weak points to aim for. If you're not aiming for them then you're just scratching the paint.