The Rules

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Why not just get rid of the air rules altogether. Let air camp air if it wants to, and leave it up to the armies to protect their runways and helo pads.
Hi!
DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

Goggles wrote:Why not just get rid of the air rules altogether. Let air camp air if it wants to, and leave it up to the armies to protect their runways and helo pads.
LMFAO! I just said that to shadow. It's your own dam fault if you get camped because you can't get up.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Well for one the game sucks when it comes to taking out jets as a grunt and a lot of maps do not have good AA placements. We have seen what this leads to in the past and I would not want to see it again. Now that is my opinion.
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

DaRkAcE wrote:
Goggles wrote:Why not just get rid of the air rules altogether. Let air camp air if it wants to, and leave it up to the armies to protect their runways and helo pads.
LMFAO! I just said that to shadow. It's your own dam fault if you get camped because you can't get up.
Why not dump all the rules and just open the servers to the public :?:

The reason is that a few (notice the few) dedicated people who volunteer to make GC happen.
To make sure there are campaigns to be played.

Those rules evolved from the past.
Now I, don't dare to question them and do the best I can to avoid breaking them.
And if I got kicked, it was for a reason. I might not agree on it, but I excepted it. I knew I crossed the line.
In real life, I am not gonna try to convince the judge that they have to increase the speed limit :wink:

There are 2 ways to change the rules:
1) That is in the function of Tournament Admin, and then only after a good long ( notice the long) discussion.
2) As votable member, and then only if the majority of the votables agree.

Global Conflict knows that it is sometimes hard to understand the rules we have, and we don't expect you to know it at the first battle day.
See a kick as a friendly reminder, that you broke a rule. You have the inconvenience to reconnect, but you are not banned.

If Tournament Admin s have to kick you for the same offence to many times (for their taste) you can expect to hear from your General.

I read in too many claims (in both armies) that the Tournament Admins are taking side or abusing their powers.
THEY DON'T
Tournament Admins are part of a small elite force (carefully picked by Sushi) who dedicated them selves to balance the sides. Neutrals have no interest what so ever in round, battle or campaign results.
So if you team kill a Tournament Admin in a pre live round and you got kicked, he is not abusing his power.
If a Tournament Admin is forced to play on a side (because 1 army is low on numbers) and your pilot got kicked, he is not trying to get the results in his favour.

So again in short:

:arrow: Respect the few that are making it possible, it takes a lot of time and energy to make a campaign happen.
:arrow: Rules are part of Global Conflict either we like it or not.
:arrow: Tournament Admins are neutrals and do not gain anything by kicking (even if they play on the opposite side) and it takes even more time and energy to do so.
:arrow: Be an example for the new joiners and don't break the rules

Executive Senator,
Stonie.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

DaRkAcE wrote:
Well as much as I hate rules I would say this cannot be an option. Air in this game is too over powering and pilots tend to whine too much when they get owned :). I guess that is why we are having this issue now. Of the 64 people playing 4 or 5 people are causing us all the grief :).Let get rid of air all together and play Inf only? LOL.
DaRkAcE

Post by DaRkAcE »

Von_Krieg wrote:
DaRkAcE wrote:
Well as much as I hate rules I would say this cannot be an option. Air in this game is too over powering and pilots tend to whine too much when they get owned :). I guess that is why we are having this issue now. Of the 64 people playing 4 or 5 people are causing us all the grief :).Let get rid of air all together and play Inf only? LOL.
I'll agree on that VK, I'd rather play infy than fly. I'm not just a pilot you know. I play all around, I'm good at pretty much every thing in BF2.

And as for the pilot thing, Get your facts straight. I'm not in the airforce. The only time I am in a jet or helo is when I'm asked. I'd rather be on the ground because I usually can make something happen.

And, I'm still waiting on the BR file.
cVetko

Post by cVetko »

thats not rly an option becuse the air is too powerfull and the pilots are at very diffrent skill levels so without these rules it would unbalance the whole battle 2drasticly...

as i have said before im all up for a noair campain thats the best option 4 me... maybe it should only be used for transport or something...
mama...
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

I know you are a good at INF man. I am not picking on you at all and I think we have the same thoughts on a few things so do not take what I say as a slam. If I had an issue with you we would handle it through PM. So lighten up dude! :).

I do not think I said you were in the AF, am I missing something? I am also not saying you are causing trouble so if you got that from my post then I am sorry.

I do not have the BR's to give you though maybe someone can. I DL'd them some time ago and they are not my responcability so I cannot help. You may want to ask you HC to request them.
recon35

Post by recon35 »

This is really getting old.......you guys are making this not fun anymore. What has happened to GC?? :( :( :( :roll:
Ikill4aliving

Post by Ikill4aliving »

Von_Krieg wrote:I do not have the BR's to give you though maybe someone can. I DL'd them some time ago and they are not my responcability so I cannot help. You may want to ask you HC to request them.
Ok then, VK (or Madcow) can you request them? :P

With all the rules, we could make it this: :no war: :lol:
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Welcome to the debate club recon
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

FH2 is the answer to all your problems! If only it were released before Halo 4.

Or mod the game so missiles and bombs have 0 splash damage making them strictly air-air and air-armor capable vehicles, and planes have to land to reload. Yay problem solved.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~I command you to read the joke beneath~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a dark, stormy, night. The Marine was on his first assignment, and it was guard duty.
A General stepped out taking his dog for a walk. The nervous young Private snapped to attention, made a perfect salute, and snapped out "Sir, Good Evening, Sir!"
The General, out for some relaxation, returned the salute and said "Good evening soldier, nice night, isn’t it?"
Well it wasn’t a nice night, but the Private wasn’t going to disagree with the General, so the he saluted again and replied "Sir, Yes Sir!".
The General continued, "You know there’s something about a stormy night that I find soothing, it’s really relaxing. Don’t you agree?"
The Private didn’t agree, but then the private was just a private, and responded "Sir, Yes Sir!"
The General, pointing at the dog, "This is a Golden Retriever, the best type of dog to train."
The Private glanced at the dog, saluted yet again and said "Sir, Yes Sir!"
The General continued "I got this dog for my wife."
The Private simply said "Good trade Sir!"
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Von_Krieg wrote: I do not have the BR's to give you though maybe someone can. I DL'd them some time ago and they are not my responcability so I cannot help. You may want to ask you HC to request them.
Sorry to correct you
Ash2Dust wrote: There will be times when the BR was not running. There will be times the demos are not available. There will be times when weeks will pass before a demo is posted. Sorry, no requests
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Correct all you like Stonie though that is not the right BR's :). Also I am not in Darkaces HC so I would defer that to Kev or Brum.

I agree this is sad and every minute i waste on it is even sadder :(.
Charger

Post by Charger »

speed_demon wrote:FH2 is the answer to all your problems
Dagrooved1 put you up to this, didn't he? :wink: