Tuesday 8 Jan 08 - POE2 Modded Map Testing

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

waiting for the patch to finish install and will try to get it working and post the good news.

p.s http://battlefield2.filefront.com/file/ ... 4#Download

great download speed for 2.1
Ramrod64

Post by Ramrod64 »

update just tried the

local network mode and it work with the 32 map version of battle of sambir

on the NA server is the 64 version running.

no admin rights anymore to setup the european server ;(

European server 32 map version failed C2D.
Ramrod, out!

Cu on Battlefield of =Global-Conflict=
current Campaign:
Fishyman8u

Post by Fishyman8u »

For those that have a CTD when loading a map, what % is it crashing? Is it crashing when you click join or is it crashing during loading? This matters because it could indicate what is causing the crashes. I know that the maps load for me when I use "create local", if this is widespread then it could be a problem with the mod on dedicated servers... I hope this isn't the case because it could be very hard to fix. I should be around during the NABO time tonight to take part in testing. Sorry for the problems you had during the EUBO.
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

it failed to download some how so i couldnt play tonight :(
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I would expect client.zip and server.zip along with info folder in the map levels. Most dont have that.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

wtf??? I know my pack had those in it for sure!!
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Fishyman8u

Post by Fishyman8u »

Those should be in every map, I know I had them in mine as well...
Fishyman8u

Post by Fishyman8u »

Ok, I looked at the maps/installer and the maps that everyone DLed should work just fine. Some of the maps I worked on weren't packed up, but the files they need to run are still there and they work when I try to load them on my machine. I remember packing the maps up, but maybe the installer unpacked them or something. From what I could see, all of Matsif's maps stayed packed up, and 2 or 3 of mine stayed packed up. The rest still have the files they need and work, but they are unpacked.
AngelOne
Senator
Senator

Post by AngelOne »

Fishyman8u wrote:For those that have a CTD when loading a map, what % is it crashing? Is it crashing when you click join or is it crashing during loading? This matters because it could indicate what is causing the crashes. . . . .
Thanks for the reply Fishy. By me, it starts to loadup the map... the bottom indicator bar starts moving along and just between 1/5 or 1/4 of the way in it stops and CTD. I tried this on quite a few maps and the point at when it CTD is about the same everytime.

I know you will both be giving it your best shot, and hope the answer is quick and easy for you both.

Looking forward to your comments.

Edited by Angel: Looking in the Maps in the Levels Folder, the following are unpacked and don't have a Server.zip or Client.zip file:
Spies Like us
Orel
Olesko Keep
Day of Damnation
Crimea
Berezan
battle of Sambir
Last edited by AngelOne on Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C12:¦1LT - C11:¦TA - C10:¦TA - C9:¦TA - C8:¦Cpt - C7:¦2LT - C6:¦SGT - C5:¦PFC - C4:¦PFC - C3:¦PVT
Fishyman8u

Post by Fishyman8u »

Ok, I'm getting the same crash, so we have some kind of problem with the GCMOD on dedicated servers. It works with the "create local" function, but something must be missing for it to work on dedicated servers. I will try to find a solution, but, if I can't find it in time for the campaign, then I suggest we use the POE 2 versions of the maps in the meantime.
Total_focus_haz

Yeah Fishy

Most where getting if not all that connecting to the server you get CTD sometimes when fully loaded or just loading the textures? tried it on all settings i could think and nothing? works fine on single mode just not on multiplayer online? dont know what the difference would be.??
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

Crash to desktop by loading battle of sambir was after 15% yesterday on the Euroserver.
[IMG]https:///images/210831/.jpg[/IMG]
C7:CPL C8:MAJ C9:SFC C10:COL C11:TA C13:SGT
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

also crash to desktop after about 13-15%...nevertheless the 'map-testing' was fun :!:
and by the way ausbilder your 'greenhorns' are damn good 8O
Ghostly

Post by Ghostly »

AngelOne wrote:
Fishyman8u wrote:For those that have a CTD when loading a map, what % is it crashing? Is it crashing when you click join or is it crashing during loading? This matters because it could indicate what is causing the crashes. . . . .
Thanks for the reply Fishy. By me, it starts to loadup the map... the bottom indicator bar starts moving along and just between 1/5 or 1/4 of the way in it stops and CTD. I tried this on quite a few maps and the point at when it CTD is about the same everytime.

I know you will both be giving it your best shot, and hope the answer is quick and easy for you both.

Looking forward to your comments.

Edited by Angel: Looking in the Maps in the Levels Folder, the following are unpacked and don't have a Server.zip or Client.zip file:
Spies Like us
Orel
Olesko Keep
Day of Damnation
Crimea
Berezan
battle of Sambir
As an extra to angels comment : All the maps in poe are unpacked but do not have the client and server zip!!! exception on this is Battle of Samir??????
Why is it different from angels??
Ghostly Greetings

"knowledge is power"
mem :OZC 6gb triple channel
graph : ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Power : Antec Throughpower 850 Watt
box : Antec 182 black
Total_focus_haz

Have found a way to get the maps to work on the server and able to play no issues as Angel and myself tested them all last nite.

I had to do the following:

1. patch to 2.1
2. Remove folder gcmod
3. Install Fishy "Fixedinstaller" to the new folder gcmod.
4. set video ingame settings to medium

Should now work the EU and NA server are running maps so please test and post if not working and will try sort it out for you all