Project Reality 0.75

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Project Reality 0.75

Post by Hitman47 »

Gomimin and I downloaded it yesterday get it here and played to test it out. Man, I was amazed! It is so REALISTIC! The sound effects especially. When I sprint on a bridge I can hear like I'm running on real planks! I told Gomi for a second there I thought I was really on that bridge there!

They improved a bunch of stuff, like running, shooting, using vehicles, squad management and much more which I still have to find out.

PR 0.75 is FH 2.1 set in modern combat. You also have a bandage system (field dressing) but if you're hurt badly it won't work, you have to call a medic. There is a parachute thing, if you open it and glide 30 secs you don't get hurt, any less you will get hurt. SO MANY things have been changed to make it realistic, the HUD especially, it is the real deal! It's like you're playing a whole different game!

I would love to see this mod being played here in GC.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

hmm the point i would like to make hitman is this, PR is extremely harder to play than FH2, one special kits e.g. anti-tank kits need to be requested from special points or supply drops, two the commander will act alittle like bob the builder, 3 yes no parachutes soo dont jump of buildings it will hurt, lastly the squad system is harder and also sniper kits are useally limited to 1 per a team, that can be changed in some server files from the previouse version i am sure its the same but still i havent looked into the new version
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

PR has been brought up here, oh I don't know how many times. bf2 was such a hit because it was simple. The commander didn't have to worry about so much. In vanilla, all the commander had to do was give orders and use his assets. kits were also simple, not having like the 7 in the selection screen and another 20 in another menu once you spawned that only worked in a certain location. plus we take away crosshairs, which most people aim down the sight anyways, but in close you generally don't have time for that. their edits on the mod may make it a more realistic experience, but I'd rather play FH2 for that as it is quite realistic from a WW2 perspective.

don't get me wrong, I've had fun in PR before. just it requires much more dedication from an FC, and I only know maybe 3 or 4 people that have shined out in my previous GC experiences that would be able to handle it. FH2 may have some things wrong with it, but in its current state I think it's better for GC than PR ever was or will be.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Re: Project Reality 0.75

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

Hitman47 wrote:/cut
I have been playing PR for some time in past, and I have also recommended it on GC. But although everyone was complaining how unrealistic some mods are and that they want some more realistic, none would consider playing PR... Too realistic? K, their choice...

Anyway, I will play it weather its part of campaign or not, and as soon as I repair computer ill install PR and play it, count on me.
ramboon

Post by ramboon »

Hey guys why you dont make an PR group within GC and meet once the week for some PR pubbing. Everyone who is interested could join you.

I think its better argumentation then words could ever been.
Ill join you too if the group shows constant attendance.
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

ramboon wrote:Hey guys why you dont make an PR group within GC and meet once the week for some PR pubbing. Everyone who is interested could join you.

I think its better argumentation then words could ever been.
Ill join you too if the group shows constant attendance.
Couldn't agree more. I like this mod. I voted for it in the poll. It is a very difficult mod and not suited to the GC membership. IMHO!

I would join a GC PR squad.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Sure, good idea! Robawillis, Gomimin, Tsumetai and me are already doing it, you can constantly see us in the PR 0.75 TS channel. We're planning to be there tonight too, I'm gonna be there prolly earlier too! It would be nice to see some new old faces in the channel!
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Umm Hitman... You forgot that I have problems with PR? :)
As soon as I format my hard and install BF2... ... um... I don't think that will be soon... ... oh gee... I have to do this till end of this week... I just remembered... ... anyway I'm trying to say... U can count on me ^^
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

I like it and we have used PR maps in past camp's. The guys that dev'd it are anal though and made the respawn time long. It used to be a simple change but they went nuts and lost a lot of support. If they changed this back then good for them though I am not sure.
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Can someone do me a favor and upload shaders_client.zip file. It can be found in: \Battlefield 2\mods\bf2

EDIT: btw can someone please tell me how do i start PR directly, instead from BF2...
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Wait some minutes - uploading - done - get it:

http://uploaded.to/?id=6kemow

default Desktop shortcut:
"C:\Programme\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\pr\pr.exe" +modPath mods/pr +menu 1 +fullscreen 1

you'll have to fix that for your widescreen needs...
Last edited by gomimin on Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsumetai_Ryujin

TY
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Von_Krieg wrote:I like it and we have used PR maps in past camp's. The guys that dev'd it are anal though and made the respawn time long. It used to be a simple change but they went nuts and lost a lot of support. If they changed this back then good for them though I am not sure.
VK if u can get me the current server files i might be able to edit them, the last time i checked you can edit certain spawn times, and also the ability which adds more time with the number of deaths you get
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

As of v0.6 and all future public releases, the Project Reality team no longer freely distributes the server code. These are the steps you will need to follow to create a PR server:
1. Register on the Project Reality forums
2. Request access to the Private Server Admin section of these forums
3. Wait for your forum access request to be accepted
4. Once accepted, apply for a server license in the Server Registration forum.
5. Wait for your server license application to be reviewed and accepted.
6. Once accepted, download the files contained in the PM that will be sent to you on these forums

http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f28-pr- ... -code.html
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

They do not make it easy.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur