Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Goggles
Executive
Executive

Battlefield 3

Post by Goggles »

Source Link
Criterion Games working on a Need For Speed game wasn't the only surprising bit of news that Electronic Arts chief operating office John Pleasants tucked into his presentation at the William Blair Growth Stock Conference I listened to today. Pleasants confirmed he's seen DICE's work on Battlefield 3.

"I've had the luxury of looking at Battlefield 3 over at DICE in Sweden and was highly impressed by the way the team is working on that product," he said. "Of course, that's not [coming out] in the fiscal year, but that is a product that is looking very good."

Gamers worried that Battlefield: Bad Company, Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield 1943 were a three-pronged answer to fans demanding a third Battlefield don't have to worry. Battlefield 3 is coming!
Hi!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

why wake island. oh why.

:cry:
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

LoL pic is from BF43 :p

Dice also confirmed today that they are working on BF3, as some ppl suggested that guy from EA could mess up BF3 with BF:BC2.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

PinkAss wrote:LoL pic is from BF43 :p
I know, but it's still wake. ranks up there as one of my least favorite maps in bf2
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Bf3 will be modern warfare
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

matsif wrote:
I know, but it's still wake. ranks up there as one of my least favorite maps in bf2
Really? I'm quite fond of Wake Island :) Though playing with with moving (and destructable) ships made it much more interesting
Hi!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Goggles wrote:
matsif wrote:
Really? I'm quite fond of Wake Island :) Though playing with with moving (and destructable) ships made it much more interesting
yea, I don't mind it in 42, but can't stand it in bf2. probably because all the map becomes is a scramble for the airfield flag and j10 rape/tking
gribble

Post by gribble »

Yeah another modern warfare game :-(

But at least it will support 40players EACH side! http://techfragments.com/news/881/Gamin ... n_Way.html
Battlefield 3 has been confirmed by Electronic Arts chief operating officer, John Pleasants. The new Battlefield 3 game is currently in development and the information was obtained from John during a presentation at the William Blair Growth Stock Conference in Chicago.

"I've had the luxury of looking at Battlefield 3 over at DICE in Sweden and was highly impressed by the way the team is working on that product. Of course, that's not in [this] fiscal year, but that is a product that is looking very good." Pleasants said during the conference.

We have also gotten information from a tipster that Battlefield 3 will be similar to Battlefield 2 and will support up to 40 players per team. There will also be 24 different vehicles that you can choose from and 17 different weapons. Like Battlefield 2, the game will also feature unlockable equipment.

So when will Battlefield 3 be released? The time isn't known but EA says not this year. We also heard that it would be the holiday season in 2010, however like with many of the other Battle field installments we'll probably get an early one map beta that can be played free a few months before. We're speculating that we'll see a Battlefield 3 Beta download in the Summer of 2010. However, nobody knows for sure.
Winter_Lion

Re: Battlefield 3

Post by Winter_Lion »

Wasn't Wake Island the first demo map in Battlefield 1942? Maybe not, that was a long time gone and I am getting old.

Winter
ImageImage
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Winter_Lion wrote:Wasn't Wake Island the first demo map in Battlefield 1942? Maybe not, that was a long time gone and I am getting old.

Winter
I think you are right Winter, haven't played the demo myself- got the full version straight away :twisted:
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

.Sup wrote:
Winter_Lion wrote:Wasn't Wake Island the first demo map in Battlefield 1942? Maybe not, that was a long time gone and I am getting old.

Winter
I think you are right Winter, haven't played the demo myself- got the full version straight away :twisted:
It was that one or Midway. I miss the ship action more than anything. The huge tank maps were awesome as well, cept when you were walking.......hehe.

Thanks bro.

Winter
ImageImage
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

FROM WIKIWHATEVER

Milestones
This section does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (March 2008)

* July 19, 2002 - Battlefield 1942 single-player demo released (Tobruk map)
* August 16, 2002 - Battlefield 1942 multiplayer demo released (Wake Island map)
* September 10, 2002 - Battlefield 1942 released
* 2003 - 6th annual Interactive Achievement Awards, BF1942 receives awards for:

Online Gameplay
Innovation in PC Gaming
PC Game of the Year
Game of the Year

* February 2, 2003 - Road to Rome released
* August 8, 2003 - Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons demo released (Hellendorn map)
* September 4, 2003 - Secret Weapons released
* October 10, 2003 - 2 million copies sold
* March 15, 2004 - 3 million copies sold, BF1942's sequel, Battlefield Vietnam released
* June 28, 2004 - Aspyr begins shipping the Macintosh Version of Battlefield 1942
* March, 2010 - Battlefield 1942 is awarded with "Swedish game of the decade" award at the computer game gala hosted by Swedish Games Industry[12]
Winter_Lion

Post by Winter_Lion »

Thanks Brummie.

I forgot about Tobruk......maybe that was a couple months ahead of my time. hmmmmm. :?

Winter. :D
ImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I forgot about Tubrok, but I was busy with multiplayer which was Wake.