BC2 Server Information

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Re: BC2 Server Information

Post by BRUMMIE »

We can move the server up to 4 times per month at no cost - so if it doesn't work out in NY no problem. However, we are trying to lay the foundation for a global tournament. Styphon is generously allowing us the use of his UK server so atm it isn't an issue. We just don't want to close the door on West coasters which a Euro server does. NY is as geographically central as we can get unless someone has an atlantic island they're not telling us about. Wer'e just gonna have to see how things evolve.
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

Ok that sounds fair, at least 50/50 , tho i still hate playing on 140 :P
Imo theres no online fps game that hasnt been affected by ping, maybe it doesnt show that much in bc2 cus of the higher bullet damage and higher rate of fire then [depends from weapon to weapon] BF2 but its still there.
Also, hardcore = rojfel.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Not going to be Hardcore. It will be Friendly Fire on, kill cam off, everything else standard server settings.
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

Great news.
I would also think of restricting CG's and mortars at least in some way. Both could be real pain in the ass if overused especially with explosive perk.
Regular players with CG aren't that much of problem but when you have a bunch of guys that know how to play the game and they start to abuse the CG then its a true armaggedon - party breaker.
Same for the mortars. Imagine lets say ~8 recons throwing down mortars constantly... its unplayable rly.
Tubes... a lot of ppl dont like the tubes but my opinion is that tube is the only contra vs medics.
If theres no tube, we'll prolly see 60%+ medics only killing everything in front with M60 and constantly reviving each other.
Think about it or even better - test it.
I dont mind playing with whatever rules but only looking at fun factor for everybody.
Also exploits should be looked at so ppl wont abuse them. Let me just mention the one u can build up your team tickets back to default by two medics reviving each other in the dead zone...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubwrI6wbyJ8

So are we playing conquest or rush mode ?
And if its rush mode how can the M-coms be destroyed...by only charging them on or can we demolish the building or blow it up with weapons?

Ty
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

There are no restrictions on weapons, other than the standard base raping rules (no mortars on base when enemy have no flags during conquest) and those that the Generals set. I'm limiting sniper use in my army. This is the first campaign so things may have to be adjusted if we come across issues as we play.

I don't think we have to worry about glitching. I would be amazed if anyone at GC would stoop so low.

We will be playing both rush and conquest, with all 12 maps in a map pool. No limits on how M-Coms can be destroyed.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

FF being on should help the motors and CG's or atleast I hope so. The idea is to have fun first so if someone becomes an issue then we can deal with that.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

PinkAss - you make some excellent points! Maybe you want to be a TA for campaign 2? ;)

Here's my concern about putting "artificial limits" on mortar and Gustav kits: enforcement. If we put a rule into place that states that only n CGs are allowed at any one time, then it becomes very difficult for the TA on duty to keep an watching armies to ensure it's being followed. Also, I suspect people on the losing side of the boom-boom will become increasingly tense/upset if they perceive a team breaking a rule, y'know what I mean?

So really, it's a lose-lose situation. On the one end, if an entire army goes recon and starts dropping mortar strikes then it's going to ruin people's fun. On the other hand, if we put extra rules in place then people will eventually perceive them as being broken, and this will also ruin people's fun. I sooner support the first case because then it because a tactical/strategic issue rather than a rule/enforcement issue (and it's less work/headache for us TAs, teehee).

-- -- --

On exploits:

Dear Everyone,
If anyone is found to be influencing the result of a battle in any way by using a glitch or bug or exploit, there will be serious repercussions to that individual... which basically means Goggles will make you feel sad. Use your best judgment when it comes to attempting something "out of the ordinary". When in doubt, just ask your local neighborhood TA! We're here for that reason :-) (and we get paid in cookies)
Hi!
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

What about destroying the fence holding up the building on Isla Inocentes Rush? Is that considered a glitch or a feature? That one will be next to impossible to enforce since a few misplaced shots or random grenade could take it down.
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Its a glitch
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Less rules the better. Otherwise it will be alot of "he said she said" with no verifiable proof.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Ash2Dust wrote:Less rules the better. Otherwise it will be alot of "he said she said" with no verifiable proof.
My thoughts exactly :)

However, we kindly ask everyone to please refrain from knocking the building down with a fence. We know how strong you are! :P
Hi!