NA server?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Ferrit

Re: NA server?

Post by Ferrit »

Talking about servers the EU server seems to have gone AWOL.

:?
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Ferrit wrote:Talking about servers the EU server seems to have gone AWOL.

:?
Back up
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Ash2Dust wrote:GC NA people need to get 4+ people to say they are willing to seed a server routinely every day before a NA server can become a useful recruiting tool. I dont see how we can realistically recruit NA players without having an active server. Great get a server, ok, who are the active people that will populate it to make it an advertising tool? I see alot of empty servers already existing so the build it and they will come is already in play. I'll actively help seeding a NA server along with seeding the EU server, but there needs to be alot more people helping.

I, too, would be happy to help populate the NA server on a regular basis. I'm hoping to be back working soon, but I would still have evenings free. Unfortunately, with the changes in the last server release for idle timeouts and minimum player start requirements, we wouldn't have much choice but to start it ourselves. Between GC players and some of the other people I know that play BF3, I;m sure we could scrape 4 people together most nights with little issue.

As for server size, I would be happy with a 32 player recruiting server. If we start picking up enough NA players for GC, then we could look at donation numbers to see if it would be worth upgrading (and if we had the money) to 64p and have two battle day servers. Assuming, of course, we have significantly more than 32 players showing up for battle days, that is.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!