Global Conflict has a new BF3 server

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Global Conflict has a new BF3 server

Post by .Sup »

As of today Global Conflict has a new 64 slot ranked BF3 server. The new provider is Multiplay (before i3D). I am not sure where it is located but I'm sure Brummie will clarify on that. Here is the link to the server on Battlelog: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/se ... flict-org/

Post your experiences with server so we know what works best for most. The current subscription will last one month and after that we either renew it with Multiplay or try something else.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Re: Global Conflict has a new BF3 server

Post by Goggles »

I believe Brummie mentioned this server was located in Amsterdam :-)
Hi!
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

Goggles wrote:I believe Brummie mentioned this server was located in Amsterdam :-)
Yes it is.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Let's make sure that the server is kept away from the hash bars, ok?
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

It does work. As a West Coast NA player, I probably should have the least amount of say. I'm willing to try a closer data center as this one bumped my ping up. If we can get a little bit better ping with same or better stability, would be nice.

Also, I dont know how much we can really blame the Data Center when EA/Dice has alot of issues to work out. Other than that i3D London Data center with its good pings was utter crap.
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Also noted that it has queuing :O but yeah looks to be a better server just need to try out a NA server from multiplay now. Also the server plugin on the website, has anybody noticed it says 32/32 when its a 64 player server, you can even scroll down to the 64 player in the list, gotta strange feeling something went wrong there.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Robawillis wrote:Also noted that it has queuing :O but yeah looks to be a better server just need to try out a NA server from multiplay now. Also the server plugin on the website, has anybody noticed it says 32/32 when its a 64 player server, you can even scroll down to the 64 player in the list, gotta strange feeling something went wrong there.
.Sup wrote:server info is now up on the front page(game tracker under TS viewer) although its showing wrong # of players due to R10 server patch bug. Will look into it tomorrow.
Sorry Rob, I should have posted this in a public forum.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Unfortunately, the new server is completely unplayable for me. I played for ~20 minutes today, and I saw someone on the other side exactly TWICE that wasn't a killcam. People were not showing up on my screen, and everyone else was killing me in one shot. I don't think I managed to register a single hit on the two people I saw, either.

Unless something changes with the network code, my connection, or something else, the EU server is going to be wholly unplayable for me. I know other NA players have had an Ok time on there, but it is currently pointless for me. If or when we have a NA server up and running, I will gladly help populate, etc. I can only hope we have a NA server we can use for battle days, even in a limited fashion - otherwise there's no way I can play in the campaign as anything other than cannon fodder.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

WoodenPlank wrote:Unfortunately, the new server is completely unplayable for me. I played for ~20 minutes today, and I saw someone on the other side exactly TWICE that wasn't a killcam. People were not showing up on my screen, and everyone else was killing me in one shot. I don't think I managed to register a single hit on the two people I saw, either.

Unless something changes with the network code, my connection, or something else, the EU server is going to be wholly unplayable for me. I know other NA players have had an Ok time on there, but it is currently pointless for me. If or when we have a NA server up and running, I will gladly help populate, etc. I can only hope we have a NA server we can use for battle days, even in a limited fashion - otherwise there's no way I can play in the campaign as anything other than cannon fodder.
Was it playable for you last week?
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Plankie, you should probably get some stats for your connection and start a dialog with your ISP, or change ISPs. All other NA players have reported no problems.

If any other NA players are having issues please let us know.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

.Sup wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:Unfortunately, the new server is completely unplayable for me. I played for ~20 minutes today, and I saw someone on the other side exactly TWICE that wasn't a killcam. People were not showing up on my screen, and everyone else was killing me in one shot. I don't think I managed to register a single hit on the two people I saw, either.

Was it playable for you last week?

Didn't try it last week.

Called my ISP today, and they said they made some changes. Guess we will see what happens from there. My modem has had some minor hiccups lately, too, so I may try taking it by the local office on Monday and getting it replaced.

Shrapnel: Unfortunately, I live in a semi-rural area, and the only other choice of ISP is significantly more expensive. I'm not really close to any major backbones, and our local infrastructure seems to be older. I'm starting to miss the fiber-to-the-curb I had at my last apartment in NC. :cry: