List of active video makers

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Re: List of active video makers

Post by mrBLUE9 »

KoffeinFlummi wrote: Well, i've been keeping track of all of Gladius' videos in a thread, so after the campaign you'll be able to watch the unreleased ones in a nice format as well.
That's nice, Koffein! But I'm of opinion that these videos lose interest quite fast, it's only in the week after the battleday that you still remember the rounds.
Necromancer wrote: is there a way to compress it on record, with a good codec, so it doesn't turn out as a 999TB for a round?
if so, is it bearable in terms of performance drop?
I think you can use the x264 codec instead of the Dxtory one to encode, it makes the file-size quite smaller, but I don't know if the performance takes any hit. Also, I have the habit of deleting the videos after recording if I know there's nothing interesting in it, so if you have space issues that may be a good solution.
iRawPeanut
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by iRawPeanut »

Digz wrote:
iRawPeanut wrote:I can start making some videos... It will be amateuristic though.. :)
start now, you'll get better as you go.
like everything...
I have been trying some stuff.. (In a nubbish way:P)

like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iERGJJy2M8
Made possible by: .Sup
iRawPeanut
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by iRawPeanut »

mrBLUE9 wrote:
KoffeinFlummi wrote: Well, i've been keeping track of all of Gladius' videos in a thread, so after the campaign you'll be able to watch the unreleased ones in a nice format as well.
That's nice, Koffein! But I'm of opinion that these videos lose interest quite fast, it's only in the week after the battleday that you still remember the rounds.
Necromancer wrote: is there a way to compress it on record, with a good codec, so it doesn't turn out as a 999TB for a round?
I think you can use the x264 codec instead of the Dxtory one to encode, it makes the file-size quite smaller, but I don't know if the performance takes any hit. Also, I have the habit of deleting the videos after recording if I know there's nothing interesting in it, so if you have space issues that may be a good solution.
If you wait about a year, you can use x265 codec, wich is half the size of x264. :mrgreen:

PS. Sorry for double post.
Made possible by: .Sup
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

mrBLUE9 wrote:
Good point.

I dont think many people will go through all the 100+ videos when camp ends, instead people should be able to watch them soon after every battleday, while they are still warm.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Necromancer wrote:is there a way to compress it on record, with a good codec, so it doesn't turn out as a 999TB for a round?
EDIT: I just noticed I replied to you twice. Too much coffee on my brain.

I use Dxtory with the Lagarith Codec and record at 720p/30fps (there's no need to use 60fps unless you're doing slow motion stuff), and get about 11gb for a 20 min. round, which is usually what a conquest round last. So if you play the entire battleday you will be looking at ~120gb at the end of the day. Unless you have a great upload speed you will have to compress that for uploading, I use Sony Vegas for it. If those file sizes are too big for you, you can find some tutorials on the internet about using the x264 codec on Dxtory, that makes the file sizes smaller.

BTW, I just started a playlist with some tutorials on recording/compressing, it's a good starting point. :)
daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by daskro »