BF3 Commander mod

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

elchino7

BF3 Commander mod

Post by elchino7 »

"I just bring this for the sake of info n curiosity.

ANY MOD would make your account get ban. If you want to try any of the mods most people on Mordor are working try them on unranked servers NOT RUNNING any anticheat service and with the consentiment of the admin of the server.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6ZKFy2DANc[/youtube]

It seems it works like any other mod around, you have to be playing on non pb servers and then you have to repair your installation in order for not to be detected as a hacker later.
Last edited by elchino7 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
BlooDRaptoR1

Re: BF3 Commander mod

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

This mod brings back memories, but how is it supposed to get an artillery attack? And i think that view is just cheating, even on private servers who use this mod.
It removes MAV and provides both teams to just call out every moment with ease.
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

elchino7 wrote:[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=Q6ZKFy2DANc[/YouTube]
[...]
(I dont have permissions to post vids in this thread?)
You had an extra ampersand in your link
Last edited by RazY70 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

This is a hack. Using this mod on PB servers will get you banned. It also modifies the BF3 data so you can also get banned via Origin. Be very careful with this mod when it gets released!!!
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

I don't think the TAs will like the whole "having-to-repair-battlefield-everytime" thing, but it seems like an awesome idea. Now, if he could drop ammoboxes and maybe call in artillery (maybe modify the mortar), that would be amazing.

This just slaps the argument "modtools would be too complicated" in the face.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

we play with PB on so there's no way we will be implementing this. It looks like a nice thngy tho. :(
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

I just bring this for the sake of info n curiosity.

ANY MOD would make your account get ban. The only one that was allow (IDK now the situation) was the Colour Tweaker with the specific settings approved by Pbbans.

Theres "Pro mod", "Night mod", "3rd person", "Color Tweaker", "Different Camera Angles Mod for vehicles" ...
All of this were just altering configurations n values of the game. What i find amazing with this is the whole customization they did.
Disabling black/white, adding a new minimap, flags, differents squads + SL... Regarding the movement, it seems it alters the speed values n fix the Mav camera to a vertical position.

I think it´s a lot of work to code to make it throw ammo+medkits, make it rain mortar shells, deploy an UAV (basically the motion sensor of the Mav but on a bigger scale with Cooldown) and make it deploy a Humvee/Vodnik :lol:
Last edited by elchino7 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Although it's a pretty neat thing, please DO NOT USE THIS.

Any sort of modification/hack to the BF3 game makes you liable for an account ban. I know it sucks to not have full commander capabilities, but it's better to stay safe than sorry.

elchino, would you kindly remove the video from the OP? I just don't want someone here getting banned for trying this out or anything like that. Thanks!
Image[/url]
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Unless you disable PB...
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

i do not believe PB will ban for it. if you "simply" alter your BF files, PB should only kick you every time you join a PB enabled server for failed hash checks or game integrity fail.
PB bans only for known cheats. as this is not a cheat, but modification, you should only be kicked. as you remove the modification, you should be able to play normally.

this indeed changes game files. but the levelBF showing the soldiers on a webpage (outside of BF3) doesn't change any of the game files, i believe it uses a 3rd party program to track the server packets and extracts players info out of it.
obviously it is cheating, unless the TAs would agree the FC's are allowed to use it. thats of course, if it will ever be published. in which case PB will probably add checks to track it down and label it as a cheat anyway.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Disable PB and PBbans/GGC stream on the server and you're good to go. A DICE employee stated that if you're on a unranked server, you're free to do whatever you want.
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

I don't really understand GC's absolute requirement of punk buster. It's not like it works very well in the first place, and if anybody's really suspicious we could ask them to record their footage or something. (I actually think there are half you can use to detect hackers.) While I don't necessarily support mandatory client modifications I think they're are some things we could so server side, such as increase maximum players.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

Punkbuster cleared us of a pretty heavy cheater or two at the start of this campaign. It does work.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

In BF2 revealing cheaters was easier due to demos we were recording during battles. But BF3 doesn't support that and many other features and I have Premium...
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Gwynzer wrote:Punkbuster cleared us of a pretty heavy cheater or two at the start of this campaign. It does work.
Free-ones and those who try to cheat on their own. Paid-hacks and macros are undetectable :(

Dirt?