Encouraging more people to record battledays and post

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Encouraging more people to record battledays and post

Post by Fields »

I typically stream/record. Sometimes I regret it...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diDI7dwCwuQ[/youtube]

EDIT: I like having the logo in my videos as a small watermark, but I think the current full logo is a bit too intrusive. I went ahead and designed a small watermark for my own uses, but if anyone else wants to use it/submit their own please feel free!

Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

I will continue to try to record everything and upload collections of highlights or 1 or 2 interesting rounds from each battle day.
I tend to keep all of my raw footage until the next battle day, so if Daskro or anyone else wants my/another perspective of a particular round, let me know within that timeframe and I'll upload it.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Kuchenfari

Post by Kuchenfari »

Bock wrote:I will continue to try to record everything and upload collections of highlights or 1 or 2 interesting rounds from each battle day.
I tend to keep all of my raw footage until the next battle day, so if Daskro or anyone else wants my/another perspective of a particular round, let me know within that timeframe and I'll upload it.
Pretty much the same thing for me.
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Bock wrote:I will continue to try to record everything and upload collections of highlights or 1 or 2 interesting rounds from each battle day.
^ This too
ImageImage
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Guys, remember to keep posting your videos in the videos thread! I will continue doing the playlists and those will be the primarily source to do any other video for the channel or GC related. That's why I don't think we will need the raw video files, we can download it from YouTube. Thanks for your videos, guys! :)
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

count me in for the recording stuff. i recorded several vids from last campaign although i still suck and some are not fun. hopefully next campaign will be more interesting.

i upload the vids to youtube but keep the compressed file on my storage...prolly i will delete the ones from C4, but i will be keeping the new ones, so uploaded or not i will be able to provide you with the files. quality is 720p.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

und3rt0w wrote:count me in for the recording stuff. i recorded several vids from last campaign although i still suck and some are not fun. hopefully next campaign will be more interesting.

i upload the vids to youtube but keep the compressed file on my storage...prolly i will delete the ones from C4, but i will be keeping the new ones, so uploaded or not i will be able to provide you with the files. quality is 720p.
No need to keep the files after you upload, he downloads from youtube (and you can too if you need it again in the future)
ImageImage
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

I stream in 720p, but the problem is that the bitrate is rather low (4000 kbit/sec). According to this guide (http://vimeo.com/help/compression) the bitrate of 720p video's should be between 5000 kb/sec and 10000 kb/sec.

I am limited in bitrate mainly because of the upload speed. I don't know if there is a way to upload at 4000 kb/sec and write at around 5000-6000 kb/sec.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

LongBowNL wrote:I stream in 720p, but the problem is that the bitrate is rather low (4000 kbit/sec).
Without a beasting internet upload you have to be restrictive with streaming quality, yes.
Thats why I recording to disc, render it down and then upload.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
dek0y
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dek0y »

LongBowNL wrote:I stream in 720p, but the problem is that the bitrate is rather low (4000 kbit/sec). According to this guide (http://vimeo.com/help/compression) the bitrate of 720p video's should be between 5000 kb/sec and 10000 kb/sec.

I am limited in bitrate mainly because of the upload speed. I don't know if there is a way to upload at 4000 kb/sec and write at around 5000-6000 kb/sec.
That is a crazy high bitrate for 720p streaming. Your rate is going to depend on the compression codec being used, but I stream 720p at 30Hz with OBS and even though I set my maximum upload rate at 2048kbps, OBS usually uses around 400-500kbps, and my stream looks pretty decent.

Try the OBS settings estimator: http://obsproject.com/estimator
Image Image Image Image Image
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

dek0y wrote:That is a crazy high bitrate for 720p streaming. Your rate is going to depend on the compression codec being used, but I stream 720p at 30Hz with OBS and even though I set my maximum upload rate at 2048kbps, OBS usually uses around 400-500kbps, and my stream looks pretty decent.

Really? I use about 3000-3500 for 720p FPS games and that's typically mediocre quality. I don't understand how you get away with 2000 and still have decent quality. :?

http://www.twitch.tv/fieldsofblue/c/1869717
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

LongBowNL wrote:I stream in 720p, but the problem is that the bitrate is rather low (4000 kbit/sec). According to this guide (http://vimeo.com/help/compression) the bitrate of 720p video's should be between 5000 kb/sec and 10000 kb/sec.

I'm rather confused when it comes to the settings in Xsplit and OBS. My upload speed is 50mb/s, which means that i should be able to at least stream in 20 000 - 30 000 kbit/sec., right? When I did a speedtest with xsplit it said i only got 4800 kbit/sec upload to the german twitch server. That's why I'm rather confused. I'm also confused by the fact that you can stream a game with only 500 KB/s, since when you record a video with dxtory the filesize gets reasonably large?
dek0y
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dek0y »

LoA wrote:I'm rather confused when it comes to the settings in Xsplit and OBS. My upload speed is 50mb/s, which means that i should be able to at least stream in 20 000 - 30 000 kbit/sec., right? When I did a speedtest with xsplit it said i only got 4800 kbit/sec upload to the german twitch server. That's why I'm rather confused.
Maybe the German Twitch server won't allow you to upload at more than 4800kbps. 50mbps is a fantastic upload speed, but you shouldn't stream at too high a rate, because the higher the rate you use, the more people there are who will be incapable of watching your stream because they have slow download rates. Twitch isn't like YouTube, you can't have it stream at a lower quality/rate than what you're uploading it (unless you're a premium member).
LoA wrote:I'm also confused by the fact that you can stream a game with only 500 KB/s, since when you record a video with dxtory the filesize gets reasonably large?
The huge video sizes result from uncompressed video. When you stream, xsplit or OBS or whatever you're using is actually compressing the video in real time, and uploading the compressed version. You can set Dxtory to compress also, just be aware that compression uses more CPU.

The upload rate you require to stream is highly dependent on the compression algorithm and quality settings you choose. Also, the rate at which you upload will vary, with spikes for when there's a lot of movement in the video, and very low when nothing is moving.
Image Image Image Image Image
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

dek0y wrote:[...]

I actually based my bitrate on that particular calculator. My uploadspeed is around 5 Mbit/sec.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

I taught about ordering
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB 7200RPM
with 5 years warranty
to do some recording.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!