No gun glitch survey

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Which server have you experienced the no gun bug on?

EU
55%
NA
33%
None
13%

Total votes: 95

Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: No gun glitch survey

Post by Sao »

What about making it locked for one battle day (so you can only use what weapons you have unlocked)

As we Have no.idea what it is. Rather than theoreticising about it, lets start a process of elimination to rule out certain factors.

And tbh if someone doesn't have the unlocks required, just go play a high spm game type to get weapons/squad unlocks
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Sao wrote:What about making it locked for one battle day (so you can only use what weapons you have unlocked)
I second this.

Maybe, only maybe and if people think all this is unfair. Do it 2 times half a battleday, so each army has to attack/defend with the disadvantage. Dont think there is an actual one, though.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

FYI there is already weapon disadvantage for people that don't have all DLCs.
e.g. people without the close quarters DLC can't use its weapons. they can kill someone and take his gun, but they cant spawn with it even on unlocked server.

so its not 'fair' now anyway.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Who doesn't have every weapon that you want to use, and why would you use a weapon that you can never practice with outside of GC? If it's really that hard for you do do it, I can play on your account for you and unlock whatever you want in like a day. Either way, we should at least try it to see if it's the problem, we could even do it after a battle day so it doesn't affect anything if we can get enough people to stay.

I agree with Necro, it's highly unlikely that it's caused by a DDOS. Or, now that I think about it, it's unlikely that it's cause by memory problems either, as that would probably cause lag and other problems.
ImageImage
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

TheYonderGod wrote:If it's really that hard for you do do it, I can play on your account for you and unlock whatever you want in like a day.
You would unlock for me the mighty MK3A1? <3

Flummi suggested jokingly that we should DDOS our own server and try to cause/reproduce the glitch.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Jokerle wrote:
TheYonderGod wrote:If it's really that hard for you do do it, I can play on your account for you and unlock whatever you want in like a day.
You would unlock for me the mighty MK3A1? <3

Flummi suggested jokingly that we should DDOS our own server and try to cause/reproduce the glitch.
Lol, I'll do everything except play 2 hours on the worst map in the game. I could just idle for 2 hours on Oman though. If you're serious PM me.
ImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

TheYonderGod wrote: I agree with Necro, it's highly unlikely that it's caused by a DDOS. Or, now that I think about it, it's unlikely that it's cause by memory problems either, as that would probably cause lag and other problems.
yes. doesn't look like a memory problem to me either. in fact i'd rule out any hardware issues.

we know it never happens on ranked servers. as ranked and unranked servers are very similar we can ask what the differences that might cause it.
as i wrote, the ranked server gets the unlock info from the battlelog. maybe the unranked server has somekind of bug, conflicting unlocked weapon setting with battlelog weapon data causing it to send broken weapon strings/data to the client?
TheYonderGod wrote:As we Have no.idea what it is. Rather than theoreticising about it, lets start a process of elimination to rule out certain factors.
well, you and i cannot do more then theorize whats the source of the problem or think about some tests that might lead us somewhere. hopefully we can convince the people that can do it to try it out by discussing it on this open thread.

i think we need to find the cause of the bug first, and then discuss if we change the server settings to avoid it or we agree on the current settings despite the bug.
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

NA BO, on the last rounds.

Note: if it´s a combination of different factors then we have a problem but there are certain things it would be nice to check up. A couple of things different from other sites/ranked

-Unlocks. I dont really think this is the issue but we could try to play a day without this option available. (Besides, who the hell wants to "try new things" he hasnt unlocked yet or use frequently*)
*you could say some people might need to use things like mortars or vehicle unlocks but i dont think it will hurt for just 1 BD/BO.
-Modified revive timer. This will the first factor i would take into account.
-Procon, console, plugins?
-Normal mode with scrim setup as: no 3d spotting, health, SL respawn only...(just listing, i dont think this is a cause)

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

When I have the glitch and die, on my spawn screen there are no weapons etc. to select.
You can still open up this gun-grid, but all the places are empty. Then I know that when I spawn in, I still have no gun.
Also there are no gadgets to select etc. everything is just empty.

Can somebody confirm this?

For me this looks like my client has not received any information at all about equipment&guns, and thus spawns me 'naked'.

What about asking for server logs after a battleday? In the multiplay forums people request the logs and stuff.
There are many people complaining about disconnects about EA's Blaze backend, which dumps then all players on a ranked server.
If we have similar issues (connectivity to blaze) then instead of dumping all player (because we are unranked) we just dont get guns/unlocks guns?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

@ elchino7
you posted a list of different things from other 'normal' servers.
but this bug is nowhere to be found on 64 player hardcore servers either. so its not 3d spotting low health bla bla.
all our settings can be configured on a ranked server but two - weapon unlocks and server password.
so these we need to look at.

@ Jokerle
yes, no guns on the spawn menu.
there might be a connection between blaze, unlocked weapons and the client.
we know that when the guns do come back, they come back to everyone, or at least to several players at once. so it very possible to be a connectivity with blaze.
although
1) when a ranked server looses connection then everyone is kicked. similarly everyone should loose their weapons.
2) ranked servers no longer loose connection that often. we get this bug every battleday. thats 100% in 6 hours. i don't see full servers kicking all their players every 6 hours. why would both of our servers loose connectivity so often?
3) with unlocked weapons the data is not suppose to come from blaze is it?
hmm... thinking about it, maybe the server does unlocked weapon information even when all weapons are unlocked. because its not really "all weapons" - we still can't use Dice employee weapons even though our client has the information. theoretically if a Dice employee would join our unranked server he would be able to select that silenced tactical pistol, although the rest of us couldn't.... (prior to patch) ^^ or those Dice x12 scopes. Yet another thing that shows that weapons are still being manipulated by it that premium players still get an orange knife, and non-premium players still can't use premium weapons.
the question is - is changing the weapon unlock settings will eliminate the bug, or on a similar 'lost connection' we will still suffer from it just like now?
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

A possible quick fix: assign the "Toggle primary weapon" button to a key and press it after getting the glitch. It reportedly will correct the problem after it happens, but I haven't been able to test it yet. If someone could try it next time they get the glitch and report back that would be great!
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

zorplex wrote:A possible quick fix: assign the "Toggle primary weapon" button to a key and press it after getting the glitch. It reportedly will correct the problem after it happens, but I haven't been able to test it yet. If someone could try it next time they get the glitch and report back that would be great!
Nope, I always use that.
ImageImage
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

Necromancer wrote:@ elchino7

3) with unlocked weapons the data is not suppose to come from blaze is it?
hmm... thinking about it, maybe the server does unlocked weapon information even when all weapons are unlocked. because its not really "all weapons" - we still can't use Dice employee weapons even though our client has the information. theoretically if a Dice employee would join our unranked server he would be able to select that silenced tactical pistol, although the rest of us couldn't.... (prior to patch) ^^ or those Dice x12 scopes. Yet another thing that shows that weapons are still being manipulated by it that premium players still get an orange knife, and non-premium players still can't use premium weapons.
the question is - is changing the weapon unlock settings will eliminate the bug, or on a similar 'lost connection' we will still suffer from it just like now?

DICE said they have removed all dev exclusive kits:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 476118999/
All of the dev weapons, except for the s-tac which you can unlock with End Game, have actually been removed from the game to make room for other stuff (there is only so much you can squeeze in to the memory of an 8 year old console).
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Sarantini wrote: DICE said they have removed all dev exclusive kits:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/fo ... 476118999/
All of the dev weapons, except for the s-tac which you can unlock with End Game, have actually been removed from the game to make room for other stuff (there is only so much you can squeeze in to the memory of an 8 year old console).

Why then does this zh1nt0 dude (DICE dude) still play with his silenced shot-gun in his streams? (Watching him yesterday evening)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

it really doesn't matter they took out the dev weapons out or not. they didn't rework the system.
its blaze <---> server <---> client communication.
it doesn't look like its in the blaze <---> server part since it doesn't effect ranked servers.
on locked weapon servers the weapon data received from blaze transferred to the client. it looks that on an unlocked server the data received from blaze is manipulated (unlock all weapons from the DLCs you own) and then sent to the client. i guess the problem is there.