BF3 Server Emulator in Closed Beta

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

BF3 Server Emulator in Closed Beta

Post by zorplex »

I'm not sure of the details, but I just saw something interesting. There is a supposed BF3 server emulator that just entered closed beta testing here: http://www.mordorhq.com/showthread.php? ... Enlistment!

I'm not sure if/how it would violate the EA ToS or how it works with the retail client. The site says it still requires a legitimate version of BF3, so from what I can tell, it would just elliminate the need for a paid/official hosting server. Seeing as we are having issues with our servers and only run unranked/locked for battledays, I think this might be worth looking into. We would gain root access to the server and possibly the source code and could better address the no gun glitch as well as more control over server settings and possibly support for mods. We'd need someone with amazing bandwidth and hardware to host the server or a rented server that can handle the load. I think it's worth trying if anyone is willing to apply to the beta. I bet they'd be interested in getting an organized 64 player group testing the code.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF3 Server Emulator in Closed Beta

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Unleashed Features
Witness the return of Spectator Mode, a functional Commo Rose and many more previously hidden, half-implemented or disabled game features. We’re also discovering and unleashing new features along the way, so stay tuned!

Mod Support
Using our powerful Extension System, which exposes lots of engine/game functions and abilities, you can now create your own unique mods and gamemodes, without the need of performing complicated and game-breaking file modifications.
In other news, we also discovered a map to the holy grail buried on Operation Firestorm and figured out every digit of Pi.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

As it says its an emulator, they mapped the netcode and are trying to mimic the server calculations and output.
i doubt they'll ever release the source code even though its not DICE original code.

but - it probably won't have the gun glitch.

Servers don't require amazing hardware.
muti-core and a lot of ram is required because it needs to run multiple services/threads at the same time.
bandwidth and internet connection would be our biggest issue, since server farms are usually hosted on Tier2. hosting it on local computer would mean all the connections will have to transit to and from Tier3 significantly adding latency.

@flums
figuring out all the digits of pi is just the first step, now to rest irrational numbers!
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

This emulator is mainly useful for making recordings, because you can have a private server. I am not sure how useful it will be for Global Conflict.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

I applied for the lulz, EA ToS doesn't really do much, they're posting content from youtube where the creators have used the Freecam or any other mods that violate EA's ToS, on BF3's official facebook page.

This is awesome because it means that BF3 just won't die a horrible death. It also means that we can play with our settings, without any stupid glitches or lag. We also won't have to pay a shitload of money to EA's shitty server providers.
Spoiler: show
Total Control
Tired of having your eyes tired by the blue tint? Maybe you dislike suppression or want to disable destruction for a more competitive match. Or maybe you just want to have control over a wide set of features and settings that were initially hidden from you.
Unleashed Features
Witness the return of Spectator Mode, a functional Commo Rose and many more previously hidden, half-implemented or disabled game features. We’re also discovering and unleashing new features along the way, so stay tuned!
Mod Support
Using our powerful Extension System, which exposes lots of engine/game functions and abilities, you can now create your own unique mods and gamemodes, without the need of performing complicated and game-breaking file modifications.
ICallIDTheft

Post by ICallIDTheft »

KoffeinFlummi wrote:In other news, we also discovered a map to the holy grail buried on Operation Firestorm and figured out every digit of Pi.
Credit where credit is due, that was quite good.
Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sao »

ICallIDTheft wrote:
KoffeinFlummi wrote:In other news, we also discovered a map to the holy grail buried on Operation Firestorm and figured out every digit of Pi.
Credit where credit is due, that was quite good.
This is an historic day. Id and flummi not actually arguing :,)
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

Please let us know if you gain access to the beta. I would really like to test this server to see if we can either eliminate the gun glitch or maybe get some real error logs when the glitch occurs.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

zorplex wrote:Please let us know if you gain access to the beta. I would really like to test this server to see if we can either eliminate the gun glitch or maybe get some real error logs when the glitch occurs.
If this really is an emulator and not some modified/hacked version of the official server software, then the has nothing to do with the software running on our leased servers and any error logs are probably going to be useless.

But it is possible that the group behind this have decoded the client-server protocol used, and might be able to help us debug the gun glitch.