Question for BF4

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

BGDark_Master

Question for BF4

Post by BGDark_Master »

Hello,
I have question for Battlefield 4.When Battlefield 4 come out are we play the campains on BF4 or we will continue on BF3 ?
:?:
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Question for BF4

Post by Fields »

I assume the TA's & senate people will look at the adoption rate and make a decision then. Currently, there are no official plans to move over entirely, at least not until the current campaign (or whatever campaign is active at the BF4 launch) has wrapped up in BF3.

However, I know that lots of the higher-ups are excited for new features in BF4 specifically for our campaign system, so the move over to BF4 will likely happen somewhat quickly when the decision is finally made. :mrgreen:
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Depends on how many people will switch, and how fast.

edit: fields was faster...
Also, commander mode us a huge incentive to switch rather sooner than later.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

Don't quote me on this, but I think BF3C6 will probably be the last campaign for Battlefield 3. People will be dying to try out the new BF4 beta and others are sick and tired of BF3.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

expandas wrote:Don't quote me on this, but I think BF3C6 will probably be the last campaign for Battlefield 3. People will be dying to try out the new BF4 beta and others are sick and tired of BF3.
too late k:-P

k:angel:
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

BF3C6 will likely be the last played with BF3. By the time this campaign is in it's twilight stages, BF4 will be nearing open beta (most likely), which gives us time to set up a BF4 campaign and move away from the bugfest that is BF3 into a new bugfest in BF4.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

anyone else want to repeat the same thing from his POV?
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Similar to what has been said before BUT:

If you give me the choice, between BF 3 or BF 4 ALPHA for the next campaign, I'd choose BF 4 alpha. :thumbup:
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Anyone know how many maps BF4 is launching with? If it's only 10ish like BF3 was, I think we should consider a campaign combining both. We could pick just the best maps from BF3, plus all the BF4 maps, and be able to fill a whole campaign map.

We did something similar back in BF2 where we played multiple mods on the same map. This might be different. It depends how much of our player base owns BF3 and how good BF4 is.
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

Hgx wrote:Similar to what has been said before BUT:

If you give me the choice, between BF 3 or BF 4 ALPHA for the next campaign, I'd choose BF 4 alpha. :thumbup:
You havent played the alpha if you say this, have fun shooting invisible people and people halfway in the ground shooting you :D
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Cheesy wrote:Anyone know how many maps BF4 is launching with? If it's only 10ish like BF3 was, I think we should consider a campaign combining both. We could pick just the best maps from BF3, plus all the BF4 maps, and be able to fill a whole campaign map.

We did something similar back in BF2 where we played multiple mods on the same map. This might be different. It depends how much of our player base owns BF3 and how good BF4 is.
I love the idea, but I hate the thought of 2 battlefield games taking up like 60gb of my harddrive.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Sarantini wrote:

You havent played the alpha if you say this, have fun shooting invisible people and people halfway in the ground shooting you :D
And you had to remind me of that, WHY YOU DO THIS
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Yeah, probably a workable alpha would be cool, something like the E3 version (tho it was still buggy as heck)
Róka

Post by Róka »

Sarantini wrote:

Shhhhhhshshshshhhshhhhhhh NDA :P
ImageImage
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

GC does what its playerbase does. Since BF 1942 we basically always moved with the next released BF-game (if it was playable for us).

So my best guess is, we will quickly switch to BF4 .