The Campaign System is Finally Complete!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Can't remember votes about inf only on Tuesdays. If i remember right it was simply agreed by HCs on playing inf only on tuesdays jumping on the inf only hype when it was introduced. I personally would like to see both modes played (with non inf-only not limited to poe2 maps).
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
recon35

Post by recon35 »

I just got finished reading the new rules.....I confused about one thing...If your division your in is defeated and you go into the pool....is there a chance you go to the other side??? Or did I read too much into it?
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

nope - you don't. And for homework you have to reread all the rules.

On the other subject - infantry only - this was a compromise between HC's to allow for lower numbers. It was well received and has therefore stuck. I would go as far as to say that it is now inplace and should be put to the votables to overturn.

Thanks to the TA's for recognizing that certain aspects should be voted upon.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

aha so we 're in need of a motion like: add vehicles to BO's when we have more than 20 ppl .
It still is best with low numbers to stay on inf. only.
anyway getting to OT here
And for homework you have to reread all the rules.
hehehe if not familiar with old 42 system then do it twice :wink:
I only go into the pool if the weather is fine :lol:
j0n3s

Post by j0n3s »

I like phil's model. Inf only is quite interesting sometimes. But it unfortunately drills down the strategic options to a minimum. And it's quite painful for thoes who love tanks and choppers ;D
Titi

Post by Titi »

BRUMMIE wrote:On the other subject - infantry only - this was a compromise between HC's to allow for lower numbers. It was well received and has therefore stuck. I would go as far as to say that it is now inplace and should be put to the votables to overturn.
Never voted.
A couple people (HCs of last Camp) decided to do it to ...help NABO?
But it oozed into EUBO (no number problems there) and now is cast in stone for this camp just 'cause GC has been doing it for awhile.
Oh and to undo this never voted upon aspect of the camp it seems the heavy hand of the Execs are saying it needs to be voted upon ... though it was originally for a NABO numbers problem of last camp.
And did it help NABO? ... No ... because nothing can really be played when it is 3 v 5.

I fail to follow the logic of fairness here.
This camp the numbers issue for NABO is known in advance and so I guess to stretch things and repeat what happened last camp the two HCs could declare BOs as infantry-only as a solution (which did not work last camp). Or they could even state inf-only for less than X players, but when there are X+1 players the next round will start in regular mode.
But I see no fairness to have this method of play repeated just because it was done previously as a trial solution.

There never was a vote so:
either have the HCs declare it
or
have a vote to make it so
but
do not say it is going to happen just because the past HC did it.

The only vote to overturn "it" should be if the HCs declare it and the voteables vote to overturn the declaration.
Last edited by Titi on Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ph1l0r
Executive
Executive

Post by ph1l0r »

Thanks for pointing that out. You really made my day.
just call me phil on ts, ingame, wherever. i'll even respond to phil in real life. wooohooo!
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

Titi, you give me headache.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

HCs in the past were not allowed to create rules, but they always have and will. Execs oversaw last camp, whats done is done. I'd rather know up front what this camp is so I know how much desire I have to play each battleday.

I didnt sit in on the C8 discussion and debating. So I'm not going to worry about how any rules were formed. Thats for the C8 developers to worry/fight about.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

We did not make or change any rules when it comes to game play, just the system that goes around everything.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

omg I'll be quiet next time and don't ask those questions...
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

No, don't stop asking the difficult questions - its what makes this place fun.

If I agreed with everything that everyone said I'd get bored silly.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Update: The TAs have been discussing the Infantry only issue and we seem to have reached a consensus on passing the buck...er, I mean letting the HCs decide. So it will now be the attacking HCs choice whether to play Infantry only or regular.

If you are not happy with this decision I suggest you start a motion for a vote in the votables forum.

ATTENTION VOTABLES!

As I stated in my first post the campaign system must be voted into use before we can actually use it for C8. Therefore a vote has been motioned and we are scheduled to begin voting on this tomorrow.

If you have any concerns before going to vote please state them now.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

The vote is up, please cast your ballots. 8)
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Ghostly

Post by Ghostly »

Damn impressive and I think this is going to be a hell of an campain. To all who have been working hard my respects and thanks for making this possible!!!
Ghostly Greetings

"knowledge is power"
mem :OZC 6gb triple channel
graph : ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Power : Antec Throughpower 850 Watt
box : Antec 182 black