FH v2.1 ??

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

SSnake_Plissken
Location: an obscure body in the S-K system, known to its inhabitants as the planet Earth

Post by SSnake_Plissken »

Does it fix the fact that MG's are useless? There are a ton of bugs to fix, so this patch give me some hope.
"The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence."
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

Tiger 1, sounds good.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

They really need some way of infranty taking out takes, like PIATS
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

especially if they add in the tiger. the only viable way to even kill a tank now is to use a sticky bomb, emplacement at gun, or another tank (with the germans having the upper hand in all but the sticky bomb imo)

PIAT or Bazooka for brits, Panzerschrek or at least Panzerfaust for the germans. would make tanks less overpowered.

game still rocks tho, especially if they fix the lag issues that seem to come up.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Ok after looking at there website it seems they have another update, just showing off some new skins however at the bottom it seems that there is a community map pack for a europe front, not offical i dont think but it is custom and looks pretty good here is the download link if u want it http://www.bfewaw.com/map/
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

the map Operation Lüttich is a "Normandie" map which won't be in next update...

"there" website is World at War Tournament Community advertisement on FH home, they do have custom maps for client and server...they're stating "Try out the mappack"...running those on ours for tourney could bring trouble...as long as it aren't those made by our BFSP or Filefront FH community ;-)...but:

chariot by Squarebasher for WAW 16, 32, 64
lebanon by Paasky for WAW 16, 32, 64
messina by Thawk for WAW 16, 32, 64
nile_delta by Paasky WAW 16, 32, 64
oil_farm by Hickle for WAW 16, 32
scheldt_estuary by Stubbfan for WAW 16, 32, 64

maps are remakes from BF1942 and new ones...mappics here:

http://213.115.249.110/waw/maps/mappack/pics/

running on 79th.org FH2 PublicServer : 91.121.94.105:16567

forumsthread for thus:
http://forums.filefront.com/fh-mapping/ ... ppack.html
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Yesterdays update on FH page shows renders of MG's34 and 42 on Laffette Tripods and German Nebelwerfer 41, Lightning NL also tells us they're still working on the third map for patch 2.15 which will be Africa scenario...

http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/ma ... ng=english
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Can't wait for European maps.
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

OK I just read through the threads on the filefront forums and the WAW mappack is for public release. They called it.

This means we are free to use them. I will take full responsibility if anyone whines at us. Just put them onto me.

Meanwhile, we need someone to download them and figure out the install process and share it with us. Check for compatibility with the patch/version we are using etc. If we can get that squared away then we can put them up on the servers in rotation. If that works theres absolutely no reason we can't incorporate them into the campaign - although thats for the TA's and Generals to decide at this point.

GO, go, go - I'd love to see some grass.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Here it tells you where to put them +DL link
http://www.bfewaw.com/map/
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Install/ unpack Location:

..\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\levels

All 6 maps are 16,32,64 Conquest. Who's going to DL the server file and upload it to the servers? :-)

Community means "for the community" - free to use as they even give the server files for DL. I won't bother to write a "Thank you - we're using them for campaign" post...
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

gomimin wrote:Install/ unpack Location:

..\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\fh2\levels

All 6 maps are 16,32,64 Conquest. Who's going to DL the server file and upload it to the servers? :-)

Community means "for the community" - free to use as they even give the server files for DL. I won't bother to write a "Thank you - we're using them for campaign" post...
I'll do it tomorrow.
StarLord

Post by StarLord »

gomimin wrote:Community means "for the community" - free to use as they even give the server files for DL. I won't bother to write a "Thank you - we're using them for campaign" post...
While it has been suggested, there was no plan to use custom maps this campaign ;) It is a good idea to put them on the server still, we can try them and have a good feel! The campaign is 8 weeks long, so we have time to throw a few maps in for the last few weeks of it if we feel it is necessary.

If we have a good campaign on FH2 and want to continue with it, I'm expecting next campaign to be more along the way of what it used to be, with a strategic map and all, so we'll definitely need some maps to position on the main map.
"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."
-Winston Churchill